Motor trike razor or Roadsmith HTS

I have the MT Adventure, same underneath as the Razor. My only complaint is the way MT designed their IRS, with the "cage" around the differential, that part sits too low to the ground. I travel some farm roads (dirt) to kinfolks, and it will drag on a couple inches of stone or ruts. I've seen other better designs but don't remember if RS is one of them.

Other than that, the MT has been bullet proof for the 40k miles I've ridden it.

I have the MT Adventure, same underneath as the Razor. My only complaint is the way MT designed their IRS, with the "cage" around the differential, that part sits too low to the ground. I travel some farm roads (dirt) to kinfolks, and it will drag on a couple inches of stone or ruts. I've seen other better designs but don't remember if RS is one of them.

Other than that, the MT has been bullet proof for the 40k miles I've ridden it.

Can you add more preload( increase air pressure) to raise the ride height for more ground clearance,when on those kind of roads.

Can you add more preload( increase air pressure) to raise the ride height for more ground clearance,when on those kind of roads.

In short, no. Increasing the preload, air pressure to the upper bags, only firms up the ride. It does not increase ground clearance.

At the bottom of this page, you can view the MT IRS. Click the pic for an enlarged view. The anti-roll bar shown in red circles the entire bottom of the unit, this is what drags on mine on some unimproved roads. Increasing preload will keep you from bottoming out on swales in asphalt/improved roads, (in spirited riding) but no increase in actual ground clearance when moving slow. I have learned to closely watch the surface for irregularities. As I said, it is comfortable & about bullet proof, otherwise.

I am considering triking my 2012 Honda and not really sure as to whether i want the Motor trike Razor or the Roadsmith HTS ??? any help here would be appreciated thanks

You don't state that you have driven either one. DO it! No matter what we say here, it is your butt co-riders', if applicable, that must be happy. There are many differences between these so compare the specs, how they're built, what parts they use, wheelbase (longer is smoother ride just like a car), suspension type and adjustments.

Also consider how you're doing to use it. Is one or the other prevalent in your area. This has bearing on how many "friends" can share info and help when you need. It also affects resale value. In our area RS outnumbers MT 8:1. Have no idea why.

No matter your choice, one of the most important decisions is who your installer is. A bad one can screw up the best trike out there and also make any service requirements painful. Spend some time researching your installer as it will pay off in the end.

Good luck. All the major brands are good. It's like choosing Chevy, Ford, or Chrysler.

I'll give you more food for thought!

Have you considered a Hannigan?

Longer wheel base and IRS for a much smoother ride.

Wider stance for more stability.

The "biggy" is the rear end is off set to match the Wings drive shaft output. No severe drive shaft angles therefore, no U-joint, shaft failures and low maintenance!

Optional weight bearing foot fairings mean you can remove your rider pegs and rest you feet on the fairings for a much more comfortable ride.

I studied and tested all the major conversions for almost 4yrs before picking the Hannigan!

Picking a good conversion business is also a decision that takes some study.

I bought the Roadsmith two years ago manly because they use a lot of standard automotive parts in there drive line and there great customer service. I road a lot of different brands before I made my purchase and decided on the Roadsmith. I had mine installed at the factory in White Bear Lake Minnesota, dropped it off at 8:30am and picked it up the next day at 10:00am. :D

In short, no. Increasing the preload, air pressure to the upper bags, only firms up the ride.

At the bottom of this page, you can view the MT IRS. Click the pic for an enlarged view. The anti-roll bar shown in red circles the entire bottom of the unit, this is what drags on mine on some unimproved roads. Increasing preload will keep you from bottoming out on swales in asphalt/improved roads, (in spirited riding) but no increase in actual ground clearance when moving slow. I have learned to closely watch the surface for irregularities. As I said, it is comfortable & about bullet proof, otherwise.

http://www.motortrike.com/trikeHonda1800Razor.aspx

It does increase ground clearance. I have the Razor and it does raise the entire back end. I do it to go over speed bumps so I do not scrape. And I did it to change the rear tires. Had to go up to 88 lbs to get enough clearance to get the wheels and tires installed.

88#... LOL I've never had mine over about 60# cause it rode like a truck then. I'll try your suggestion when I'm next on the farm rode. Thanks

88#... LOL I've never had mine over about 60# cause it rode like a truck then. I'll try your suggestion when I'm next on the farm rode. Thanks

I do ride at 30lbs and maybe 50lbs two up and pulling a trailer. Super for going over speed bumps too. <grin> I do go back to 30 lbs after the speed bumps.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redskin9

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redskin9
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png