New to all of it. Building my first trike

Apr 9, 2017
Rockford, MI USA
Getting old and with all the accident I have had ( not motorcycle) the bones just will not take it anymore on 2 wheels. But I love my bike and I'm keeping it. I had a HD softail custom. So it's started to be a Frankenstein trike.

I have only driven one and it was a conversion Frankenstein trike and I'm sure with a little learning I'll be ok.

First post here.:D

Hey Rob,

:welcome: to Trike Talk from South Florida.:wave4:

Good luck in your trike build. Please post some pics during the conversion.

We just love build pics.ThumbUp

You will find adapting to a trike from a two wheeler is not that difficult.:D

Welcome to the bunch

`Welcome you will find a great group of people here Welcome from Pennsylvania the Keystone state. :cool: Ride safely fred

P.S. Please get us a picture of your ride we like pictures....

Be sure to post all the trouble you run into. I'm not at all sure I could do it myself but would like to see everything that can go wrong and how you work your way around it.

my kit

I'm now wondering about the wider tires I'm seeing on many of the Frankenstein Trikes, are they for more or better control or is it a for looks thing. If I want to go with the wider tires I would need to change my order today.

There is no such thing as a dumb question, The difference between a good trike and a bad one depends entirely on the integrity of its builder!

Mine was a champion kit but many things are the same in a conversion.

Check out- pcombe photobucket/library for picture heavy build ideas and explanations..

There are plenty of us who have built our own.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png