Got a bunch of questions

Apr 9, 2017
Rockford, MI USA
I have been reading here for hours, the search here doesn't work very well the more words you use the more replies but not on topic.

I'm sure these have been asked many times. I just ordered a Frankenstein Trike kit to keep me riding the bike I love. It's not really age stopping me more injuries from past accidents. Just a quick 2 question should be easy

1- no emergency brake on mine So I just park it in gear is this right?

2- no reverse so I'm pushing it around right?

I have been reading here for hours, the search here doesn't work very well the more words you use the more replies but not on topic.

I'm sure these have been asked many times. I just ordered a Frankenstein Trike kit to keep me riding the bike I love. It's not really age stopping me more injuries from past accidents. Just a quick 2 question should be easy

1- no emergency brake on mine So I just park it in gear is this right?

2- no reverse so I'm pushing it around right?

Hi Rob. Welcome.

1. - Park it in gear . I also carry a velcro strap that can be used to squeeze and hold the front brake lever closed. I don't use it much, but it domes in handy on occasion.

2. - Pretty much answered your own question....unless you have a co-pilot :Joker3:

Not a Frankie owner, but the idea of parking in gear is good.

Reverse would be added to the transmission, so its doubtful it would be part of their kit.:Shrug:

The added weight might be hard to back up "manually", depending on how you deal with doing it.

I like having reverse powered by the machine, rather than me trying to back it manually.

Yep on the parking in gear. I rarely use the e-brake on my TG, I always park it in gear. The velcro on the front brake is going to work as well or better than the e-brake if you every find yourself needing more than the compression to keep the trike from moving.

Don't know what size trike you're building, but you can get a mechanical reverse if you want. Other option is to park in places where you don't have to back up uphill, and it should be pretty easy.

I have a reverse on my TG, but it has gone out before and when it did, I never had any problems...just always kept in mind that with no reverse I don't want to park headed downhill where I can ride straight out.

Kevin

miles

After my first 300 miles I figured alot out. It's different than on 2 wheels but it really fun at the same time, like relearning everything. I got a lot of really good advice from this forum and want to thank everyone. The Trike will keep me riding for many years to come, wish I had done this years ago.

parking brake

Check with Paugho, they have a inline switch that installs in your brake line. Depress your brake ,pull the switch and your brakes stay engaged. It's made by BDL and retails for around $50.00. I'm guessing it could be installed on the front or rear system. You'll need to get some new brake lines (Drag Specialties a good source).

good luck

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png