Any other "Solo" riders on the board

Jun 19, 2009
Darlington
Hi All,

Just wondering if there are any other members that do not have a spouse that they ride with. I am a "baby boomer", over 60 years old, who has been single for the last 10 years, it is always awkward to join in on events when you are not a couple, I live in northeast portion of Maryland and always like to meet new people to ride with, would love to attend a rally to meet you all - does anyone live in my area , I am close to Bel Air, Havre de Grace and Aberdeen........and approx 40 miles north of Baltimore.

Sorry, trikermary, I'm too far away to ever probably meet you, but just want to add my agreement with your situation. I lost my wife in 2002, and although I have many friends who try to include me in rides and rallies, it does always feel a bit awkward to be the lone single in the group.
For company, I always travel with my dog, which makes it difficult as many of the motels the group wants to stay at, won't allow my dog.
Hope you are able to organize some singles to ride with. There surely are a lot of them out there somewhere.

Mary, we have quite a number of "solo" riders. Some are married, but their spouses don't generally ride along, but some are single, as you are. We had a few "solos" who attended our rally this past June in Maggie Valley, and they fit right in and joined the fun. I don't think anyone thought anything about it at all!

At the NE rally this past weekend, with no more than 10-12 attending, I believe 3 of them were soloing. Again, all indications are that everyone was included in the fun equally. I found the same experience in July when my hubby and I rode up to Michigan to get together with a TrikeTalk group near Lake Michigan for the weekend.

I think you'll find that this forum group will welcome everyone warmly and couldn't care less if you are solo or a couple!!! I personally hope to meet you real soon. In fact, plan ahead and come join the fun at Maggie Valley next June! We'd love that :D

Hello Mary,

I'm with you, I ride solo about 95% of the time. Occasionally I catch a ride with my oldest brother. It doesn't bother me to ride alone, but even though i'm 45 my family still tends to freak out sometimes. It should be interesting to see how they handle my trip to the rally next June. Don't be surprised if I show up with an entourage :rolleyes: Hope to see you there!

JanetB

I think we mean solo as no co rider ...
As for the NE Rally last week end i never did realize who had passengers and who did not. The count was 9 bikes and 12 people so a lot were solo. Me included and Maryann (lost here hubby 4 years ago)

Hi Trikermary I also know the feeling of ridind solo, would like to ride with you, but I am also a bit far for a causal ride being here in Texas. Have you heard of the BTW (Brothers of the third wheel) they should have a chapter in your area, I know that there is one in Virginia. They are good folks and if possible will amke you feel like you are part of the family. Check them out they have a website search for the Brothers of the third wheel, or BTW. The exact url I am not certain as I have it saved on my fav's. Take care and let us know if you find some one to ride with.
Frank (aka: LoneBear)

Thanks for all the great replies, I look forward to meeting you all at the rally, maybe by that time I will find someone from this area that is also going to the rally to ride down with.........

Hi Mary! Welcome to TrikeTalk - so glad you found us!! We've "met" before on the TRI site, I believe. I'm so sorry you haven't found anyone to ride with yet!!

I also ride solo 99% of the time - hubby has absolutely no interest, my best friend is an MSF instructor but always too busy, and most of the trikes in my area seem to be headed the opposite direction!

By all means, do see about joining the rally in Maggie Valley in June! This is an AWESOME group of people, and WELL worth the travel to meet up with!! I went this past June - alone, in my Toyota (time & money constraints) - and still had a wonderful time!! I plan to be there next June come hell or high water, and hopfully with my trike (ride or trailer is still up in the air on that)!! I'll give a shout as we get closer, and maybe we can hook up as I go through your area! :)

Find the map and put your location on there - if there aren't any members in the area, at least people traveling to that area can find you. :yes: You could also see about contacting some of the local bike/trike shops, and see if they could give you the name(s) of some other riders in the area. With Harley selling trikes now, there may be some new trikers in the area looking for someone to ride with too.

Take care, ride safe, and post away! Looking forward to getting to know you better! :)

WELCOME to TRIKE TALK.....No Problem....My Wife and I ride with "singles" all the time. With Mitzie's work schedule I ride "solo" with other Folks quite often. I don't think this will ever be a problem for You, and especially with the TRIKE TALK FORUM group. You'll love the Rally if You attend, come on down......:wtg:

your right,after wife died in auto accident,have ridden alone,have tried riding with groups of couples and its not the same,spouses talk to each other an being alone not included in converse,so 99% of riding is alone:(,except when grankid from Vienna arrives,then have a full time co-pilot:yes:

99GW/1500/lehman
BK MI VI
MI PGR

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png