Side Curtains

Apr 19, 2011
Signal Mountain Tn
I did not want to start a new thread on an old subject, but I was unable to find any threads on the side curtains that some owners have. So, I will start a new one.

I never had side curtains per se. I had some panels I made from Plasticore, that's the material politician signs are made from. These worked pretty good, but they were extremely heat sensitive and would conform to anything they were against if it was hot. Also, they were extremely light.

I decided I could do better, so I purchased a sheet of 1/8" masonite which comes with one side painted white. I made a pattern from poster board pretty much following the lines of the old panels. On the opposite side of the white side, I put on a coat of Thompson's and painted it satin black as I also painted the white side.

Now, the paint job is more consistent than the pictures show. The camera effect did not do it justice. These things block a lot of wind and they help tremendously in colder months. I do not run them in summer. So, if you never did purchase the side curtains, this is another idea.

IMG_0001 resized.jpgIMG_0002 resized.jpg

I did not want to start a new thread on an old subject, but I was unable to find any threads on the side curtains that some owners have. So, I will start a new one.

I never had side curtains per se. I had some panels I made from Plasticore, that's the material politician signs are made from. These worked pretty good, but they were extremely heat sensitive and would conform to anything they were against if it was hot. Also, they were extremely light.

I decided I could do better, so I purchased a sheet of 1/8" masonite which comes with one side painted white. I made a pattern from poster board pretty much following the lines of the old panels. On the opposite side of the white side, I put on a coat of Thompson's and painted it satin black as I also painted the white side.

Now, the paint job is more consistent than the pictures show. The camera effect did not do it justice. These things block a lot of wind and they help tremendously in colder months. I do not run them in summer. So, if you never did purchase the side curtains, this is another idea.

View attachment 44277View attachment 44278

looks like a good idea.

side curtain

View attachment 44277View attachment 44278

I bought mine from B&G Cycle Upholstery,

Chapel Hill, TN 37034

(800) 662-6139

www.bgseatcovers.com

They cost $295 plus shipping

Installation fairly easy but needs two people to do

We have the curtains. I hate the damned things, but the wife insists one having them on during cooler weather. With my hip it's just difficult to clamber over the despite having a zipper to get most of the curtain out of the way.

We have the curtains. I hate the damned things, but the wife insists one having them on during cooler weather. With my hip it's just difficult to clamber over the despite having a zipper to get most of the curtain out of the way.

These don't have any zippers, I have a tab on the bottom I secure with a cord using one of those gizmos that can be slid on a cord. They are no trouble at all, I love them in cooler weather. Best part is I have less than $30. total invested in them. Half of that is the edging I put on the top edge. I am sort of surprised that I haven't seen much interest in them. They really block a LOT of wind and they are easy to use. I do not use them in the middle of the summer though.

We also have side curtains, made from the same material as convertible tops. There is a metal bar on the top edge for stability, along with the word "Stallion" and a patch w/the Stallion logo. They were custom made by a local craftsman and the spousal unit couldn't be happier. It also saves us yelling at auto drivers who ask "what is that" at highway speeds.

We also have side curtains, made from the same material as convertible tops. There is a metal bar on the top edge for stability, along with the word "Stallion" and a patch w/the Stallion logo. They were custom made by a local craftsman and the spousal unit couldn't be happier. It also saves us yelling at auto drivers who ask "what is that" at highway speeds.

So - you've experienced a common event with Stallions, too. I still maintain a Stallion is one of the more dangerous rides to be in or on.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png