Slow speed head shake

Have a 03 GL with a CSC kit. At slow bump & go speeds, have a head shake that disappears as soon as I gather any speed. Not sure if this is normal due to the geometery of 3 wheels or a mechanical problem. As I said, once I am at speed, she tracks great. Any suggestions:confused::confused:

Saltywheels, I had a problem like that and found the front tire was a little out of balance and steering nut was loose. I am not sure which corrected the problem. I am sure there are other things that would give the same indications.

3rdWheel: Thks for the input. Well we get a new MPA tire for the front wheel this friday. At that time I'll make sure everything is snugged down good. Hopefully one or the other should cure the 'shakes'. brgds

What is your neck-rake, or did you have it raked? I had a slow speed shimmy until I raked mine for overall general better handling and the wobble disappeared. Of course, at the same time I tightened up my fall-away and I don't know which one helped the most, but mine is gone.

It could be a wheel or a tire. I had a friend send a 2-wheeler to the shop a few weeks back for a wobble and he had some loose spokes (Harley Ultra).

Hope the new tire fixes you up.

3rdWheel: Thks for the input. Well we get a new MPA tire for the front wheel this friday. At that time I'll make sure everything is snugged down good. Hopefully one or the other should cure the 'shakes'. brgds

Saltywheels, I have a similar wobble that just started, right after I replaced my stock Dunlop with the new Michelin MPA. There was absolutely no wobble / shake before.

Please let me know what you find out.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png