How often do you ride before rest stops?

Shoulder knot

The muscils in back of the neck-shoulder blade area, tense up when slouching forward to reach the handlebars. Your arms should be bent in a 90 degree angle to avoid that neck stress.

Look at NASCAR drivers as to how close and how bent there arms are while driving 500 miles. Straight arm driving is fine for very short distances only. Hence since my 2" pullbacks were installed, problem cured.

I'll still ride 'till sundown, even starting early. If the wife is with me, likely as not since I got the 'Wing, she starts poking me at about 500 miles. Fuel stops are at 130-160 miles. But I gotta limit the wife on coffee. :D

The magnesium does work. I have RA, and can sometimes get severe muscle/joint pains, so a couple of magnesium 400mg has about stopped that. The hip joints... not so much, but I have other goodies for that. I recently bought a Hartco seat, we used it on our recent trip to California, didn't like it... too much like a Corbin, somewhat hard for my liking so I'm gonna have the OEM seat modified. A good seat make all the difference in distance riding.

Good point, CrystalPistol. Guess the topic should have read: How long do you ride before resting? :D
And I read it that way several times ...
smiley%20confused.gif
... before I realized ... ;) ...what it really asked. :laugh:
... etc ... :Joker3:Having said that .... I usually do a rest stop after 100-120 miles .... but have been known to stretch them out a bit longer.
And I'll add that occasionally, if I need to or if I get a request from the "Wife Unit", if it's a lazy like ride on the BRP after lunch and I feel the least bit drowsey, etc ... then I'll stop far sooner!

(could not edit prior post)

Last edited:
The wife needs to stop every hour. If by myself, I usually go gas to gas. Unless really tired. Working on less than 2 hrs sleep a couple weeks ago, needed 1/2 bottle of 5 hr energy drink every 1 1/2 hrs. Of course, yesterday, was traveling in rain and didn't stop for 3 1/2 hrs (includes traffic through NYC).

Fuel tank or one's bladder

Typically I go from fuel fill to fuel fill unless the better half with me then it's based on bladder. But like mentioned one needs to stop frequently basically I make a rule of every two hours. That's another cost savings when buying a conversion kit opp out of the extra fuel tank its not needed at least in my case as I'm typically riding with other cyclists who will need to stop frequently anyhow

We start out at 100 miles btw stops until lunch then we narrow it down tp 50 miles btw stops we normally do btw 400-500miles per day comfortably.

I try and stop when I need a break. All my riding is for fun and back roads or BRPW so time is never a problem. From my house to Magie Valley is 2 1/2 hours on the BRPW or 1:15 min on I 40 the parkway is so much more enjoyable . Rest every 1 hr max and most rides only use 1 tank of gas. Heart problem won't let me go any more. But still enjoy riding

Jim

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png