Rear brake leaking

Jul 22, 2014
columbus,ms
I have the motortrike razor kit. Had the master cylinder recall done. Now fluid is beading (slowly) under the caliper. All bleed values are tight and the lines are not leaking. Could they have done something to cause this because it was not leaking when I took it in. Thanks

I have the motortrike razor kit. Had the master cylinder recall done. Now fluid is beading (slowly) under the caliper. All bleed values are tight and the lines are not leaking. Could they have done something to cause this because it was not leaking when I took it in. Thanks

I kind of doubt they could have. Are you 100% positive one of the bleed valves is not seeping just a tiny bit? Clean them off real good with brake parts cleaner then really stand on the brake peddle for a little while. Then go back and check the valves again with a piece of tissue paper. Good luck with the fix !! :xszpv: :xszpv:

I kind of doubt they could have. Are you 100% positive one of the bleed valves is not seeping just a tiny bit? Clean them off real good with brake parts cleaner then really stand on the brake peddle for a little while. Then go back and check the valves again with a piece of tissue paper. Good luck with the fix !! :xszpv: :xszpv:

That is a good idea and will try that. I don"t think seals would go out that quick. Had it 4 years and 15000 miles. Thanks

You can also use 'Powder Spray'. Wipe the caliper clean and spray the powder on it and any leaks will be caught in the powder before they can drip away. This is what I use to find leaks that like to play hide 'n seek.

:Dorag:

leaking break fluid

Thanks for all your help everyone. Yes Goldrush one of the bleed valves was barely snug not tight. The motortrike caliper has 4 and I thought it only had 3. Tightened it down and now not leaking. Thanks again.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png