head light bulb

Jun 15, 2011
Monroe, NC
Does anyone have any idea what the head light are from on an 08 stallion? Throughbred claims they changed computers and lost that info. what I need it the flat bracket that the bulb fits into. I have it out because the ground "ear" had broke off the edge.

Thanks,

Richard

Does anyone have any idea what the head light are from on an 08 stallion? Throughbred claims they changed computers and lost that info. what I need it the flat bracket that the bulb fits into. I have it out because the ground "ear" had broke off the edge.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard,

If they're the same as the '09 Stallions, I believe they are 65 watt H9's halogens. I replaced mine with LED'S.

pmar6004

Thanks for the reply Paul, I have the light bulb with the trailing wire that is about 4 inches long. What I need is the flat disk that is about the size of a silver dollar that the bulb fits into. If I knew what the whole light was made for I could probally go to NAPA and say this is what I need and have it in 30 seconds.

Thanks,

Richard

Hello

If they are like mine they are 55w h3 bulbs, can you post a picture of what broke.

if the housing is broke then you will have a hard time finding a replacement. maybe

someone might have a extra part but doubtful. good luck

Dragon

Thanks,

Richard

The later '08s and above were upgraded to an H_9 bulb. You may be able to get one of those from TBMS.

Another thought or direction that may or may not do you any good. If the part that is damaged is inside the housing & is a metal part; you may be able to remove the headlight assembly & take to a fabrication shop. If they've got a tig welder they could likely make a replacement part and weld it inside the socket for you. They probably wouldn't be able to offer you any sort of "warranty" on the work, but it'd be better than what you have now. It may cost you $100 or so, but would still be cheaper than replacing the entire headlight assembly.

Just a thought from a different direction & perspective.

Another thought or direction that may or may not do you any good. If the part that is damaged is inside the housing & is a metal part; you may be able to remove the headlight assembly & take to a fabrication shop. If they've got a tig welder they could likely make a replacement part and weld it inside the socket for you. They probably wouldn't be able to offer you any sort of "warranty" on the work, but it'd be better than what you have now. It may cost you $100 or so, but would still be cheaper than replacing the entire headlight assembly.

Just a thought from a different direction & perspective.

that's exactly what I had to do. Pain in the rear to get to it but we finally got it out and a friend welded the "ground ear terminal" to the metal part and now I have lights.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png