Trailer

Nov 4, 2015
palm bay
Anybody pulling a Bushtec (or other) trailer with a Freewheeler? Experience? Mileage?

Yes, I know about the warranty issue.

Did 1st test ride today. Mine is a Aluma MCT 13.5 cf or so. I'm taking ot on a 2,500 to 3,000 mile trip this coming weekend. I only did about 13 miles but impressions are:

-Off the line (mine was packed, guessing 18 lbs tongue weight) you could feel it, had to feather clutch just a little to be smooth

-on straights, didn't feel it

-curves, a bit more sensitive to steering input.

I can give better input when I get back. Riding the great roads in VA and GA.

Vito, if you're looking for carrying capacity a trailer is hard to beat. I know I won't have the spirited riding I would have without it, but I'm getting more into comfort and conveniences that spirited riding. I have other stuff for that, but I'm really looking forward to motocamping with the FW and I'm not going to be in a hurry. Smell the flowers, look around and tow what I need.

Bushtec

I bought a Bushtec back in (about '95) pulled it many a mile Harley2 wheeler - I still

have but haven't pulled it with the Trike - great Trailer, you didn't go wrong!

:)

Here's another vote for the Aluma MCT.

Been pulling ours for 13 years and many thousands of miles behind both 2 and 3 wheeler's.

Tracks great and never an issue.

You can spend more for a fancier, better looking trailer. But you will not find a better value.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png