some changes going from 2 wheel to 3 wheels.

Mar 7, 2017
Bournville, OH, USA
This is my first Trike so I have no idea how well the kick stand will support new trike.:laugh::laugh:

How fast can a trike safely go, when bike was only on 2 wheels I could go well over 100 MPH at anytime I had a nice straight road, didn't have to be a long stretch I just made sure it was not lined with electric and telephone poles or lot of trees plus enough road to also slow down without hitting brakes, I loved it and wife loved it, we didn't ride everywhere running that fast but short blast down the road keeps engine carbon cleaned out, Right?

What can I expect while riding on trike, can a well built trike even do the 75 MPH on interstate roads without having nerves of steel.?:AllGood:

Can't help you because I never drive over the speed limit. However, once, and only once, my throttle hand froze up on me and before I could pry it loose from the handlebars I had reached 105 mph according to gps. Every mph over 90 seemed a little unnerving though. Most of that was wind vibration and turbulence from trike profile. Thank goodness I got my hand off the throttle before I had to blow the canopy and eject.

It will go as fast as you want right up to the point where your fear of death overcomes the thrill of speed....Trikes are made for cruising...You should have no trouble doing 75+with ease....ThumbUp

I have had the Heathen (VW trike) up in the 90 mph range a few times

I don't do that often because I don't want tickets but it was fine in the 90s and it would have gone faster

I have had the Goldwing up to about 85 mph while passing a slower moving vehicle.

The trike tracked true and handled very well during the passing maneuver with side wind speeds at around 15 mph.

Windy conditions will definitely affect steering and handling.;)

I have No need for speed anymore :Shrug: I enjoy looking around while driving watching everyone else speeding. This is why I have my Warning sign.:laugh:

IMG_0392.JPG

You've got to be kidding.

In Texas, 75mph is pretty much the minimum if you're not in a city. I've had my Freewheeler up well over 95... um, when passing semi's... yeah, that's the ticket... and I had to look down at the speedo to even see the difference. Three wheels is inherently more stable than two.

You've got to be kidding.

In Texas, 75mph is pretty much the minimum if you're not in a city. I've had my Freewheeler up well over 95... um, when passing semi's... yeah, that's the ticket... and I had to look down at the speedo to even see the difference. Three wheels is inherently more stable than two.

With an 85mph legal speed limit on Toll Road 130, running from north of Georgetown, TX and south all the way to I-10, it is always tempting to "see what she will do". On my trike, I have had it up to 110 on that highway, but it was just to "see what she will do" before I chicken out on trying to go faster (and watching for wild hogs that tend to run onto the highway!). But cruising at 90 is a regular on that road and feels stable with my CSC converted Yamaha 113ci. With my curiosity satisfied, I have slowed down and tried to act my age......at least for now.......:Shrug:

On our 2010 TriGlide, I routinely cruise at 80 mph. No issues at all. Sometimes, I have needed a "get there right this second" mentality and have seen an indicated 100 mph. No issues at all!

It will go as fast as you want right up to the point where your fear of death overcomes the thrill of speed....Trikes are made for cruising...You should have no trouble doing 75+with ease....ThumbUp

I have no fear of death anymore, I have been shot 3 time's stabbed once, left for dead and have look the pachyderm in the eye, and had my heart broke more than once, I don't chase after death but I do not fear it either. when my time comes let it be known I did not sit in the closet afraid something bad might happen, I got out a lived. when I reach the grave I will be cut and bleedingtelling those who can still hear. What A life!!

Most major roads around here are 75, 80 if going east of El Paso on I-10. I have bumped 100+ a few times, but that is not my normal speed. I try to make sure I keep up with the flow or will get run over, which is usually 80. Jim

I have no fear of death anymore, I have been shot 3 time's stabbed once, left for dead and have look the pachyderm in the eye, and had my heart broke more than once, I don't chase after death but I do not fear it either. when my time comes let it be known I did not sit in the closet afraid something bad might happen, I got out a lived. when I reach the grave I will be cut and bleedingtelling those who can still hear. What A life!!

you got that right!!!!!!!

Well you got me beat, only been shot once and stabbed twice. But I don't have any desire to see if my Trike will do 115mph, so maybe I do fear death.

I have ran it up into the 90's a few times in passing situations. Always seemed pretty stable to me but just didn't get there as fast as most bikes I've owned in the past.

I had a hangnail or two:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Never been shot [so far] Been shot at many times, And shot back at the shooters many more times.

Its not the dyeing that i fear, Everyone is gonna die sooner of later whether or not you want to believe it.... Its the pain that i might incur in the process of dyeing...That i fear the most...:Shrug:

Speed on the roads

I have a 2012 Harley tri glide ultra and I have had my trike at 85 mph once on a good road and it was smooth sailing. On rough roads like many Oklahoma roads, I find that you best hold on to the bars tight. I assume that's pretty normal for any trike. Is that correct??? Yes , I am a recent transplant from a 2wheeler to a 3 wheeler.IMG_1864.JPG

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png