Driver intercom transmit issues.

Jul 26, 2016
N Ky USA
Driver headset intercom quits transmitting occasionally. I hear music, CB, my passengers voice but I don't have transmit. Everything will be working properly an then suddenly it quits. I tried swapping out the lower cord with wifes but same issue. I haven't had an opportunity to swap helmets with a known working one. It's raining today so I thought maybe someone might have had this issue and point me to a connection/connector on the bike to look for corrosion etc. Thanks.

Do you have cb and is it a Hondaline ???

Most all problems like that are related to the helmets or cords. In your checking, don't forget that most helmets have a short cord that is attached to the helmet ???

Since you hear everything and you switched lower cords, it's most likely you mic has a problem.

Had to replace the mic on my J&M headset some time ago.

What brand headset? You can buy a new mic for most

If it's a Tri-Glide, push to talk button contacts oxidized :Shrug:

Left that out, Sorry its a GoldWing

Do you have cb and is it a Hondaline ???

Most all problems like that are related to the helmets or cords. In your checking, don't forget that most helmets have a short cord that is attached to the helmet ???

Yes, I do have a Hondaline CB that was recently installed. Stay tuned I might have a standing wave question). My intercom issue was present prior to the installation of the CB.

Since you hear everything and you switched lower cords, it's most likely you mic has a problem.

Had to replace the mic on my J&M headset some time ago.

What brand headset? You can buy a new mic for most

I strongly suspect my headset. For some reason the boom Mike gets twisted in either the removal or putting on of this helmet. Then as I go to turn it so the proper side is toward my mouth Many times I've actually turned it the wrong way an now I'm talking into the back side of the mike. In this process I might have actually twisted it around maybe several times!

My headset is a J&M.

I strongly suspect my headset. For some reason the boom Mike gets twisted in either the removal or putting on of this helmet. Then as I go to turn it so the proper side is toward my mouth Many times I've actually turned it the wrong way an now I'm talking into the back side of the mike. In this process I might have actually twisted it around maybe several times!

My headset is a J&M.

When is someone gonna make a boot that is indexed so we all know which way the mic needs to face ??? Just say'n !!!

Unless they have changed again J & M is. The sock is flat on one side and that it where the mic is suppose to be. All of mine are that way.... :xszpv: :xszpv:

If I take the wind sock off my mic has two flat sides but I've never noticed the sock or boot being anything but round! My boots may be a replacement model but as many times as I've had to crank that thing around to get it oriented I would have noticed.

The wife and I took a ride yesterday and not too many minutes into out ride my intercom went out AGAIN. As I mentioned previously I can still hear everything else just no intercom transmit from my headset. We ruled out a faulty helmet headset yesterday as a working unit was plugged into the GoldWing plug and all worked fine. I was without an intercom till we went over a bridge where the transition was rough then it started working and worked all day. That tells me I've got a connection or ground problem.

What/Where are the connections I need to check first.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png