Dogs looking for their Brother

I had to put one of our dogs down the other day. (Gateway)

He was 15 years old and having health issues

Since then the other 2 dogs have been looking for him. (Taz and Fujook)

At first they would not eat

They seem to be waiting for him to come back

View attachment 44556

Sad.. I had to put down many dogs in my life, And its never easy... The last one was a year and a half ago. I was hopping he would have out lived me, This is the longest i haven't had a Dog in my house...72 years..

I once had two dogs...and they were the best of unlikely buddies (a St. Bernard and a 25 lb. terrier mix...both rescues). The St. Bernard just dropped dead one day, and l'il terrier waited for about a week for him to come back. She quite deliberately gathered all of "his" toys together in a pile in the middle of the living room and then stayed by the pile almost the whole time, jumping up excitedly and looking around any time there was a noise. She hardly ate during that time. Every time I took her out, she looked everywhere for him barking to call him...it was pretty sad. :(

I feel for your loss

I have a mixed/shepherd I think as family I will miss her more than my kids when she is gone, she goes just about everywhere I go, she sleeps next to bed or chair which ever I happen to be in at the time, she warns if other's approach, she guards the truck so well I can leave door open and not fear someone will reach in to take anything, she will not let a stranger near my wife, loves kids,playing ball and getting in pool for a swim, she is getting grey now and can see that she is getting up slower now days during cold and wet weather, I dread the day we loose her,

I feel your loss

Hank

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png