Maggie Valley 2017 Rides

Nice?

How about saying something like stupendous or colossal and be expecting the greatest Maggie Valley gathering yet! (LOL) Of course, with your Navy background you have a very limited vocabulary, but as a jarhead I do also – OOrah does it for me! Looking forward to seeing you and yours, bro! Be blessed!

Dave

My wife VERY MUCH wants to ride the Tail again. Is this also going to happen?

For us, Yes. Deals Gap will be ridden. This year we are going to leave for Minnesota on Thursday, so we are trailering the trike in a 16' enclosed trailer. Enough room, so I am also bringing my '13 Triumph Bonneville. Been on the Dragon a few times but only on the trike. This year I'll do it once on 2 wheels, and at least once on 3. We are not big on the arboretum, so it looks like Wednesday may be a good day to ride for those not into the botanical thing.

We have been on 209, and 28 along the river to Deals gap is one of our favorite rides. 209 is the "Rattler", 28 is "Hellbender" or "Moonshiner" depending on how far south you go. There's "Devil's Triangle" and "The Snake" etc. - when did all these roads we used ride as numbers get the cute names? T-shirt sales tool? "I Tamed The Snake" sure is more impressive on a shirt than "I Rode US 421"

Dragon is on schedule for Thursday

Yes it is, but we have to leave Thursday AM to get to Red Wing, Minnesota Friday afternoon. Will skip the arboretum to take the trike on the Dragon. The Cold Mountain Loop (215, 276 & Blue Ridge) is only about 2 hours, may be back in time for another trip on Deals gap, or possible skip Wheels Through Time (Been 5 times) this trip and The Dragon Monday afternoon and Wednesday AM

Hwy 151 runs from Candler to the BRP just south of Asheville, if you end up in that area it"s a must do. About the same as the dragon but very few people know about it, so very little traffic.

How about saying something like stupendous or colossal and be expecting the greatest Maggie Valley gathering yet! (LOL) Of course, with your Navy background you have a very limited vocabulary, but as a jarhead I do also – OOrah does it for me! Looking forward to seeing you and yours, bro! Be blessed!

Dave

Dave you must have confused me with someone else. I scored high enough on my entrance exam to have a choice!! I chose the USAF!!

Absolutely not....they were 4 Stars!!:clapping::D:clapping:

I had to go to training for my work at Fort Walton about 13 years ago, and we stayed in Air Force housing. Each unit shared a kitchen with another, but they were very swanky for military housing.

And yes, we've derailed this thread completely!

Is it Monday for the Museum?

We will be coming down from down from around Cumberland Gap Monday morning with the hopes of visiting the Museum with everyone.

Any time frame on when the group will be riding there?

Rid update

Monday - 1:00 pm wheels thru time museum

]Tuesday - the rattler

Wednesday - 9:00 am Asheville Arboretum

Noonish 215 and 276

thursday ??????

Here is an updated ride plan from what I've people are thinking

Tuesday - the rattler time tbd

Wednesday the Dragon - 9:00 am

Thursday - Nashville Arboretm - 9:00 am

Noonish 215 and 276

more suggestions or volunteers to lead please post here

Just back from 10 days in the area, looks like Thursday is about booked up but if there"s any way possible I would recommend going to mt Mitchell when near Asheville. It"s about 30 miles north of Asheville on the parkway an some of the most pretty scenery in the area, (if it"s not a cloudy day) My first time going to mt Mitchell on a clear day, (out of 5 trys) had about 45 min there. The fog rolled in at the craggy gardens visitor center on the way back down. A short ride got us out of the fog an back into 90 degree temps. It was 68 at mt Mitchell

Just back from 10 days in the area, looks like Thursday is about booked up but if there"s any way possible I would recommend going to mt Mitchell when near Asheville. It"s about 30 miles north of Asheville on the parkway an some of the most pretty scenery in the area, (if it"s not a cloudy day) My first time going to mt Mitchell on a clear day, (out of 5 trys) had about 45 min there. The fog rolled in at the craggy gardens visitor center on the way back down. A short ride got us out of the fog an back into 90 degree temps. It was 68 at mt Mitchell

This could be a part of the Asheville Arboretum ride if people would like it included

This could be a part of the Asheville Arboretum ride if people would like it included

That sounds like a great idea to add this to the Arboretum ride... unfortunately my wife and I will have to leave on Thursday morning so we will most likely do the Arboretum on Wednesday...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png