how do you mount mufflers

Mar 7, 2017
Bournville, OH, USA
I have everything done on the ride except mounting the mufflers I can not for the life of me figure out how they mount to brackets that were sent . on the brackets 1 side or end has 2 holes that mount to fender bracket on both sides, how does the other end mount to the slot on muffler.

Hank

As far as i can see, you need ...2 rubber mounts..

two mounting brackets....

two screws and two lock washers..

I think you mount the brackets first, Then slide on /attach the rubber mounts to hold the mufflers.... :Shrug:...Maybe....:Shrug:

mine mount to the body's frame. There are two bend pipes to go over axle and under the back of trike frame.

They are held with bolts and rubber mounts to allow for movement.

d-3-bodyframe attached_zps311bcf5f.jpg

d-11-exhaustinstalled_zps55194152.jpg

d-12-Basannimufflers_zpsabb7edd1.jpg Bassani mufflers.

mounting mufflers to hangers ..... solved I think

I contacted Frankenstein and was sent a photo without much detail on how they mount.

Looking at photo I could see how to install, you connect bracket end with 2 hole to harley fender brace that everything else is mounted to. at bottom... then you take a bolt that the head of bolt will fit into slot on muffler, make sure it is correct length and bolt it to other end of supplied bracket thats it for frankenstein exhaust install,

there are no direction at all to tell or really show how they should be installed, the 2 bolt holes are easy to figure out but installing head of bolt into slot went right over my head.. it Happens, now if I can make over to friends house to pick up piece of clamp I misplaced it will be done, that and out side temp get above 55f

Hank

I didnt try it but I sit here wondering if s bend pipe will allow exhaust to be installed above axle instead of under it. will have to check it out just to see if possible

I contacted Frankenstein and was sent a photo without much detail on how they mount.

Looking at photo I could see how to install, you connect bracket end with 2 hole to harley fender brace that everything else is mounted to. at bottom... then you take a bolt that the head of bolt will fit into slot on muffler, make sure it is correct length and bolt it to other end of supplied bracket thats it for frankenstein exhaust install,

there are no direction at all to tell or really show how they should be installed, the 2 bolt holes are easy to figure out but installing head of bolt into slot went right over my head.. it Happens, now if I can make over to friends house to pick up piece of clamp I misplaced it will be done, that and out side temp get above 55f

Hank

I didnt try it but I sit here wondering if s bend pipe will allow exhaust to be installed above axle instead of under it. will have to check it out just to see if possible

Is it possible to download instructions from Frankenstein sight? You can do it on champion.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png