Need some help/info about headlight adjust switch

Oct 30, 2015
carbon, texas
Folks I'm not sure what I need to do. When I move my headlight adjustment switch located on the left hand panel below the left hand pocket no movement occurs in the headlight. I can feel a little vibration in the left hand motor at one position but feel nothing in the right hand motor. I was wondering if there was a connection between the two that might be unplugged or are they wired together in the harness. Really didn't want to start pulling the fairing apart if I didn't need to. Thanks for all replies.

Each headlamp assembly has 3 electrical plugs. 1 for its low-beam bulb. 1 for its high-beam bulb. And 1 for its motor that makes each inner-assembly move up and down. The motor plug is located at the bottom, rear, outboard corner at each head-lamp assembly.

The plug is grey and has its connector-release-point on top.

For access to a motor plug, you will need to remove the inner-cowl side panel #15/16 on the fishe below. To do that, remove the lower center cowl #12, the upper center cowl #14, and remove the 2 screws on the underside for #3. Then, pull part #3 gently forward. Now remove #15 or 16.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/2007/GL1800+3A/COWL/parts.html

To test headlamp movement, what I do is start the engine. Then, while moving the switch to the full up position, I look at the headlamps from above and watch the gaps around the reflector edges in the headlamp assemblies widen and narrow as the switch is moved from full up to full down. It sounds like one of yours maybe working.

Each headlamp assembly has 3 electrical plugs. 1 for its low-beam bulb. 1 for its high-beam bulb. And 1 for its motor that makes each inner-assembly move up and down. The motor plug is located at the bottom, rear, outboard corner at each head-lamp assembly.

The plug is grey and has its connector-release-point on top.

For access to a motor plug, you will need to remove the inner-cowl side panel #15/16 on the fishe below. To do that, remove the lower center cowl #12, the upper center cowl #14, and remove the 2 screws on the underside for #3. Then, pull part #3 gently forward. Now remove #15 or 16.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/2007/GL1800+3A/COWL/parts.html

To test headlamp movement, what I do is start the engine. Then, while moving the switch to the full up position, I look at the headlamps from above and watch the gaps around the reflector edges in the headlamp assemblies widen and narrow as the switch is moved from full up to full down. It sounds like one of yours maybe working.

Thanks Greg. I was wondering if there was a connection between the two motors that might be unplugged since one was trying to work and the other was not.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png