Is trike easy to turn over?

Jul 1, 2008
Bradford, TX
Knowing that it is fairly easy to turn a motorcycle over, how about the trike? I feel so much safer on it, but noticed the post about the one rolling after an emergency stop. That got me to thinking that maybe it can go over easier than I think. Has this happened to anyone and if so, what caused it? Thanks.

:)Hi, NewTriker! I was just out yesterday, for a nice ride in west/cetral Ga. We were 2 up, going about 70mph,and was running dead on into an ominous looking storm, which could not be avoided.After a quick stop to let the wife put on her raingear,we headed out.Before we even got up to speed, the heavens opened up,with giant lightning strikes all around us.Needless to say we were getting pretty scared.As we were making our way to an exit, a large area of brand new highway was under about 2 1/2 inches of rain water, and we hit it at 50/55mph. The MotorTrike gave a tiny hint of loss of traction,almost inperceivable to me, but I felt "something". Then in about 1/100th of a nanosecond, I realized we were hydroplaning all three wheels!!!!:eek: The trike stayed straight and true, and hooked up on the other side of the puddle, as I ever so slightly backed off the throttle, never touching my brakes. WHEW! I thank my lucky stars we were on a three wheeler! I know my limitations, and we would have went down for sure on two wheels. A person going around a corner, has to be flying to just up and tip over. I ride weekly in the GA.

twisties, and as long as I follow the speed limits, it is a joy to ride. You don't have to decide lean angles, weight shifting, any of the two wheel stuff. It's tru that all that stuff is fun, but if physical limitations prevent one from keeping those skills perfect, then a trike will keep bugs in your teeth, and you out of the hospital! Enjoy the trike, and keep us posted! Jimsjinx:cool:

Hi Newtriker, a trike will normally behave like a car on flat smooth terrain. You can run a car 100 mph and "spin out" without turning over, BUT, if the tires catch on rough or uneven ground, over you go. I would think that you would have to be moving at a pretty good pace and just yank the handlebars to one side to go over. "Lets not try that"....I would suspect that most trikes that flip probably got into the grass or ditch to start it. Guess you never know until it happens. Ride safe and enjoy...:)

Which will fall first? Easy test here.

Put motorcycle in left hand (in riding mode of course) and a Trike in riding mode in your right hand and simply let them go and see which one falls first...
kodiak

Fooling around one day I was leaving a parking lot that had a lot of wisecrackers . Hey old man when I can't walk I gettin me one of them with training wheels and When I get so old I can't hold it up I will quit riddin first .You know them guys . Well I was quite pi**ed so when I left the parking lot I was a little heavy on the gas. I was turning out into the road making a left turn so I had to cross traffic. My buddy that was still in the lot said the front wheel left the ground and the rear tire was smoking and squealing. STUPID thing to do , but to answer your Question it never got a wheel ( except for the front one) off the ground.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png