Carbon Fiber Dash

pmar6004

TOI - South Dakota
Mar 30, 2010
Watertown, SD, USA
pmar6004

I went to the Davis Rally last Saturday, Sept. 11th and saw a 2010 dealers demo Stallion that had a carbon fiber dash. It will be a new option for the 2011's. When I asked, no one could give me a price:confused: My guess $1000+ My main reason for going to the rally was to ask questions about the Stallion and to see if TMS was going to have an early production 2011 available. No such luck... One other thing I noticed about the demo was the color. A lighter metallic blue. I'll post a picture at another time. As to whether it will be a new added color for the 2011 models, no one knew for sure. My #1 question was what changes/improvements will the 2011 model have as compared to the earlier models and the answer was no significant changes.

I hope the picture shows of the dash, as this is my first attempt.

Daydreamer

you do NOT want the carbon fiber dash, the sun light will glare very bad going into the sun in the morning or at night when the sun is setting.
as far as I know that blue stallion with the carbon fiber dash and other parts was just for looks, the last time I went to TBMS it was on display and I ask about it.

IMHO, that will be the worst thing you can put on your Stallion, like Silverdevil stated the glare will blind you if riding into the sun. Besides most I've seen are ugly.
As far as the Blue Stallion you saw at the Davis Rally it was a one of a kind they painted with Honda Goldwing Blue paint. Only done the one in that color. Maybe you can get them to paint you one on a special order basis.

H ate to disagree, but my Stallion has a carbon dash. This DOES NOT create any glare issue. The only glare is from the instrument panel. I like the carbon look with the color of my bike.

Are you talking about the dash by WingBling ??? If so, it is the original dash made to look like carbon fiber !!! I asked when he was in Daytona last year and it was about $1500 if I remember correctly and you have to provide him with your dash.
Tomg

I would sure hate to have any more glare on my dash. I've only ridden 3 times now and once was the other morning going SSE. There was such a glare off my dash, even with sunglasses and my faceshield down, I had to turn my head a little to see well. I don't have a problem seeing, in%

Last edited:
get a bathroom type rug and cut it to fit on the dash, it will take care of 90% of the glare.
this will cost less than $10. you can buy them from some Stallion dealers for $80 or better.

I agree with Silverdevil and I know someone who bought one (fitted dash cover) from a vendor and it looks good and fits good, but it have little sparkles in it that they didn't notice until they used it in the sunlight !!!

Tomg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redskin9

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redskin9
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png