Love Jugs

I go to Branson every once in a while. I was just wondering about the traffic and the heat the motor will suffer. When I bought my 2010 trike it came with a Thunder Max(I believe that's the name). Anyway, I was wondering if a set of love jugs would effect the Thunder Max in any way? Also what does people think about the fans? My mechanic said they were not needed. What is your thought?

I know they make mine run cooler

Each to their own cooler 15*-20* means run longer, less I spend on repairs. More money for bling. Enough said for me through my LRS flat top windshield. :good: travel safely Fred

I don't have them on mine, but wish I could try them to see what difference they made. If the weather holds, we are going to ride to Branson Memorial weekend to meet family. I will be looking at the routes around the main attractions. I look for traffic that weekend to be stop and go--with more stop than go. I can see in a case like that where any fans would be beneficial.

I'm Cool

Well this is my 5th day running my Love Jugs and I have to say I can really "feel" the difference! And I mean that in two different ways.

I have a 2014 TG Ultra and here in Kansas the last few days temps have been right around 90, plus or minus a couple of degrees, with lots of wind. The first thing I noticed was just a little more heat on my right arm, depending on which way the wind blows, that I did not notice before. This is by no means painful or bothersome just something I noticed that wasn't there before. I have put about 300 miles on it since installing the jugs and I will gladly live with that knowing they OTHER benefits the jugs provide and protect against.

The second thing I noticed immediately, but thought it must be my imagination, was the bike runs better! After I finished the install I only had time for a short ride of about 24 miles, and I thought, "Damn, it ran good!" Later I thought must have been a fluke, but the next day went for a long ride and it really does run better. I ride at least a short 24 mile route everyday, more if I have time. Part of that run is a long hill I can do 70 mph up the hill and usually the sound of the motor tells me to downshift to 5th as I start up the hill - unless it is cool weather, then it pulls strong. With the jugs it pulls that hill easy.

I don't know any other reason why it would run better. I can feel excess heat being pushed off the bike and I made no other changes. I don't know if you will experience "seat of the pants" improvement like I did or not. I even asked if the gas supplier had changed to summer grade where I buy gas (didn't think so because gas hasn't gone up).

I also have a digital laser thermometer and knowing I was going to buy the jugs have been getting in a routine of pulling in the garage, shutting down, putting helmet up, then checking the temp on the back jug at the base of the spark plug with the unit resting in the same spot. Temps have been around 40* cooler (I think, I should have written this stuff down) I KNOW they have been a lot cooler.

I got the Cool Masters, one guy mentioned they looked like they could have been an upgrade from Harley! I do like how they look. Also got the frame mount, used to hate how the stock horn shook, now everything is rock steady!

Papa Zook was happy to answer my questions before I ordered from him through the Trike Talk Store here on the site. These are a CLASS ACT! Packaged nice, instructions are printed clearly and are on nice stock paper, NOT your usual cheap 2 cent printed stuff. Very Nice Quality. I don't say this very often but this is a bargain, should cost more. I used to dread slow traffic, doesn't bother me anymore. Thank You Randy!

IMG_2992.JPG

Well this is my 5th day running my Love Jugs and I have to say I can really "feel" the difference! And I mean that in two different ways.

I have a 2014 TG Ultra and here in Kansas the last few days temps have been right around 90, plus or minus a couple of degrees, with lots of wind. The first thing I noticed was just a little more heat on my right arm, depending on which way the wind blows, that I did not notice before. This is by no means painful or bothersome just something I noticed that wasn't there before. I have put about 300 miles on it since installing the jugs and I will gladly live with that knowing they OTHER benefits the jugs provide and protect against.

The second thing I noticed immediately, but thought it must be my imagination, was the bike runs better! After I finished the install I only had time for a short ride of about 24 miles, and I thought, "Damn, it ran good!" Later I thought must have been a fluke, but the next day went for a long ride and it really does run better. I ride at least a short 24 mile route everyday, more if I have time. Part of that run is a long hill I can do 70 mph up the hill and usually the sound of the motor tells me to downshift to 5th as I start up the hill - unless it is cool weather, then it pulls strong. With the jugs it pulls that hill easy.

I don't know any other reason why it would run better. I can feel excess heat being pushed off the bike and I made no other changes. I don't know if you will experience "seat of the pants" improvement like I did or not. I even asked if the gas supplier had changed to summer grade where I buy gas (didn't think so because gas hasn't gone up).

I also have a digital laser thermometer and knowing I was going to buy the jugs have been getting in a routine of pulling in the garage, shutting down, putting helmet up, then checking the temp on the back jug at the base of the spark plug with the unit resting in the same spot. Temps have been around 40* cooler (I think, I should have written this stuff down) I KNOW they have been a lot cooler.

I got the Cool Masters, one guy mentioned they looked like they could have been an upgrade from Harley! I do like how they look. Also got the frame mount, used to hate how the stock horn shook, now everything is rock steady!

Papa Zook was happy to answer my questions before I ordered from him through the Trike Talk Store here on the site . These are a CLASS ACT! Packaged nice, instructions are printed clearly and are on nice stock paper, NOT your usual cheap 2 cent printed stuff. Very Nice Quality. I don't say this very often but this is a bargain, should cost more. I used to dread slow traffic, doesn't bother me anymore. Thank You Randy!View attachment 45264
I can not add anything well said I also checked the temps with laser gun these jewels really work

Attachments

• DSC00490.JPG
    DSC00490.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC00489.JPG
    DSC00489.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC00487.JPG
    DSC00487.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 191
Still have not made up my mind about them. Seems like they shake worse than the horn did. I got the anti-vibration thing, but they shake like crazy when taking off from a stop. You can hear them shakin.

Still have not made up my mind about them. Seems like they shake worse than the horn did. I got the anti-vibration thing, but they shake like crazy when taking off from a stop. You can hear them shakin.

Bill, the frame mount is the best cure for the shaking. So long as its mounted to the engine, there will naturally be shake. It doesn't hurt anything, but it will always be there without the frame mount.

love jugs frame mount.jpg

Bill, the frame mount is the best cure for the shaking. So long as its mounted to the engine, there will naturally be shake. It doesn't hurt anything, but it will always be there without the frame mount.

View attachment 45281

agree%20smilie.gif

Zook hit this right on the head! I bought the Cool Masters several years ago, for my '14 TG. At that time, they did not have a frame mount that worked with the wethead, and you are right, they shook ... HARD. So hard that it fractured the horn mount after one week! Being stand-up guys, they paid for a new horn bracket, but after another week, another broken bracket. I will point out that not only did they not have a frame mount at that time, they did not have the doubler that they now supply for the horn mount. Again, being stand-up guys, when I called Dave to ask about the 100% satisfaction guarantee, he refunded my money with no questions. I bought a Wards fan kit and went happily on my way, thinking about the no question customer service that I got from them (met them both at Daytona Bike Week the year they rolled out the fans).

Fast forward three years. I traded in my '14, and the dealer insist that I could take off all that I wanted to move to the '17, but they insisted that I leave the fans. Went to buy a new set of Wards fans, but Jason was not taking any orders. Love Jugs was, though, and they had a new set of Mighty Mite fans that looked just like the Wards fans, but had all the promises of remembered customer service that I experienced, and Zook was a distributor/dealer. I couldn't get my order in fast enough! Got the fans and couldn't be happier! These guys (Zook too!) are straight shooters, but you need to follow the advice, and you too will be a happy guy! Ride on!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png