Bought a GPS

Aug 18, 2009
Huntsville, AL
Amazon had a sale yesterday (one day only) on Garmin Nuvi 855 for $99.99 with free shipping. I pulled the trigger. I had been looking at these units, and hadn't seen one for less that $130. Also ordered a RAM mount for it, and a spare power cord so I can leave it wired on the trike and still pull the unit to use in the cage if I want to. I think I got a pretty good deal. A review will follow when I get the unit and some time to ride.

Right now, I am working in the finance office of a government agency. With September being the end of the fiscal year, I won't have another day off until the 2nd of October. Projections (wild @$$ guesses) are that I will put in about 100 hours of overtime this month. That doesn't leave much time for riding. And the weather is amazing right now - would be perfect for a nice road trip!

But the good news - I DO have a job. And even better, I was notified today that I will be getting a promotion. It will be a developmental position, so I will get promoted 3 times in 3 years to get me to the target graded position. I'm happy now. Gonna celebrate when I get off tonight!

Congrats on the promotion and on the GPS bargain! You have great timing!!

Be aware that GPS units are only good as the info they have - ours has led us to some "close, but no cigar" kind of locations, and has even guided us off route to what it thought was a better route. Just check out your destination on a regular map to be sure.

Hate that you have to put in so many hours and not get to ride, though - celebrate well!!

Amazon had a sale yesterday (one day only) on Garmin Nuvi 855 for $99.99 with free shipping. I pulled the trigger. I had been looking at these units, and hadn't seen one for less that $130. Also ordered a RAM mount for it, and a spare power cord so I can leave it wired on the trike and still pull the unit to use in the cage if I want to. I think I got a pretty good deal. A review will follow when I get the unit and some time to ride.

Right now, I am working in the finance office of a government agency. With September being the end of the fiscal year, I won't have another day off until the 2nd of October. Projections (wild @$$ guesses) are that I will put in about 100 hours of overtime this month. That doesn't leave much time for riding. And the weather is amazing right now - would be perfect for a nice road trip!

But the good news - I DO have a job. And even better, I was notified today that I will be getting a promotion. It will be a developmental position, so I will get promoted 3 times in 3 years to get me to the target graded position. I'm happy now. Gonna celebrate when I get off tonight!

Congrats on the promotion. Now you can pay for that GPS.

You will love it. I have a 755 with new maps that I gave to my Daughter and I got a new 3790 that is really great. Ive owned a few Garmins and have never been sorry I purchased any of them. The Nuvis are not waterproof so if you must ride in the rain put a ziplock bag over it. Enjoy!

Congrats on the new position...also the maps for life is a good program..but only good on one unit so make sure you like the new Garmin. I have it on my Zumo 660, four updates a year for life.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png