2018 Harley Trike possibilities

Lu..

20+ Posts
Feb 26, 2017
New Jersey
There’s a lot of rumors for 2018 (ie., new frame, etc..). In addition, MoCo is saying they are going to release 100 models in 10 years, would love to see a Road Glide Trike. Just curious of other member’s thoughts and what they think MoCo should release to enhance the Trike line.

I too have heard the rumors of the new frame...a "common core" frame that would be shared by the Touring, Dyna and Softail family. I am waiting til this August to see if they come out with it this year.

A Road Glide Trike would be cool.

Kevin

There are a lot of possibilities for the '18s that could make me delay my retirement for a few years... just don't tell my wife!:gah:

Looking forward to the 2018 to see what is done. I'm retired so I won't have to work any longer, LOL:D:D

Ok, tell me why everyone wants a Road Glide trike, not sure what the draw is there I guess, I know even the 2 wheeler crowd wants them over the ultra, so I guess I will wait and maybe somebody can explain this.

All for now Trampas

One complaint I always hear at new model time is no CVO Triglide. That would push the price to what? $45-$50K? A lot of money for a bigger engine, more chrome and some paint. Maybe HD will tick off all those people and make a CVO Freewheeler... :laugh:

One complaint I always hear at new model time is no CVO Triglide. That would push the price to what? $45-$50K? A lot of money for a bigger engine, more chrome and some paint. Maybe HD will tick off all those people and make a CVO Freewheeler... :laugh:

The local dealer here built one for a customer who bought a brand new '17... no trick paint (good old HD Vivid Black), but a 114" M8 motor loaded with SE black heads, intake, cam and Street Cannons, with a tune to go along with it. They said that after he got it broken in, rolling on the throttle in second gear just stood it right up! Only added $5K to the tag, and I guess he is a happy boy!:D

As far as the draw to a Road Glide for me my last two two wheelers were Road Glides.I prefer the look of the fairing over the bat wing.If you put in some serious seat time on a Road Glide you will notice that IMO they handle better than a bat wing,it doesn't get pushed around as much because of the frame mounted fairing.I bought a 2001 Road Glide new and kept it for 11 years,then traded it for a 2012 and i traded it for my 16 Tri Glide.

As far as the draw to a Road Glide for me my last two two wheelers were Road Glides.I prefer the look of the fairing over the bat wing.If you put in some serious seat time on a Road Glide you will notice that IMO they handle better than a bat wing,it doesn't get pushed around as much because of the frame mounted fairing.I bought a 2001 Road Glide new and kept it for 11 years,then traded it for a 2012 and i traded it for my 16 Tri Glide.

+1. In addition as a big rider, the batwing feels so close to the point of being claustrophobic, the shark fairing also makes the bike look longer and with the Triglide rear, the RG fairing balances out the 3 wheel rig in all angles.

SE Trike

Nice?

Wow - that is absolutely beautiful! I'm in love! Love the Silver!! Want one!!

Yup, a Shark Fairing would make me trade my beloved 2013 - Maybe - I think.

My dealer said a Screamin' Eagle trike would add approximately $10-$15k over the base price of a trike (even more if they added IRS) - so you are right - it'd be within spittin' distance of $50k (or $55-$60k with IRS). Whew - that's a lot of green for trike - even a Harley trike! Although I probably have $40k in my 2013 with all that I've done to it. But with all of that said - I'd probably buy the damn thing:laugh:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png