Parking Brake

Jun 21, 2008
Hey Guys! Has anyone out there ever heard of a parking brake for trikes? Someone told me there was one that worked off of the front master cylinder. Any help would be appreciated.

parking brake

It would be very unwise to use your hydro's to use as a parking brake. It is very strong for braking but will not take the constant pressure needed for a parking brake. It will fail when you need it the most in regular braking. What kind of Trike do you have? Look on the internet under COMET and you will find all kinds of mechanical add-ons
kodiak

Parking Brakes........

Over here you will not be able to ride your trike without the installation of a parking brake.
My first trike was a 1995 1500 Lehman trike. I managed to get the parts for the brake from Lehman in Canada and fitted them to the drum braking system. I did have bother with my 2001 1800 Motortrike. Motortrike do not make a parking brake for the disc brakes. I had to make a plate which was I fitted underneath and fixed a parking brake to it. I also had to put an extra set of calipers on the disc brakes at the back. I provided another Motortrike buddy with the same info and he is now on the road.
When I was over in Florida in Feb buying another trike with my friend, he opted for a CSC trike. The shop installed a parking brake for him before shipping. This trike passed the goverment test as is now on the road. So in answer to your question you can modify parts to make your parking brake. Try anyone who makes their own cars or does some sort of hillclimbing. They have adaptations for mostly everything. Good Luck.;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png