Hi all im new

Hey Tom,

:welcome: to Trike Talk from South Florida.:wave4:

You will find that the fair market pricing of trikes is dependent upon many factors such as but not limited to:

• Mileage
  • Overall condition
  • Date of manufacture
  • Service records
  • Conversion kit manufacture
  • Conversion kit installer
  • Accessories

Good luck in your searchThumbUp

Welcome to the gang

I'm a Harley rider sorry can't help with pricing on a Honda however welcome I'm sure there are those in the know around here that can help. :cool:Travel safely Fred

:welcome: To TT Tom!:welcome:

For about the same price you can purchase a new 2017 Harley Davidson FLRT aka "Freewheeler". Not as many bells and whistles as the GL1800 but it will have a factory warranty and you could extend that warranty out to 7 years if you wanted to.

We just bought a 2012 Gold Wing with 5,273 miles and a new Road Smith conversion on it. It had a few accessories which really don't add any value. We paid about a thousand less than what you quoted. So your deal is pretty close.

Willie

We got our current 2004 GL1800 Champion about 5 years ago for $23000. It was in great shape, pretty low miles, all services were documented, it was loaded with most of the accessories we would put on and it came in magenta, which is a one-year-only color. The color wasn't a huge deal, but she who sits in the Admiral's seat had a few color "noes" - no black, white, yellow or orange. That it is a unique color is a small bonus.

All other things being equal, or nearly so, accessories can make a big difference. We were down to 3 or 4 trikes, all in the same price bracket, shape, miles, acceptable colors and preferred kit makers. The difference was the accessories. We had a list of "must have" accessories we would have put on the trike anyway after purchase, and the trike we chose had 90% of the accessories we wanted (package rack, floorboards, aftermarket windshield and such that added to comfort or utility) and even more in the "nice to have" category. (Ring of Fire, chrome air inlet accents, etc that were just cosmetic) The trikes we were looking at were within $500 of each other, the one we chose had more than $2000 in accessories more than the others.

Hello Tom and welcome to Trike Talk from Missouri. When I see a 2012 trike with only 1,000 miles on it I ask myself why. Are you buying the trike from a dealer or a person? The price sounds a little high in my opinion but you are the one looking and if everything you see looks great then go for it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png