seasoned rider (Any advice?)

Sep 21, 2010
Buffalo, Minnesota
Hi everyone, another new trike rider here. I have a 2002 Harley Ultra and just bought a 2010 Goldwing CSC Trike last week. I am 57 years old and have been riding all my life but still haven’t ridden any trikes of yet. (Any advice?) I am having a lot of extras added on it so it won’t be ready for two weeks so there’s time to hear your advice for a seasoned rider getting on a trike. Thanks in advance.

Hi GK. Welcome to TrikeTalk! The biggest thing is to take your time getting used to it. It will take 200 - 500 miles, but you will suddenly feel totally at ease and really be enjoying it!

Welcome! We got our GW1800 CSC trike last September and have put nearly 19000 miles on it since then. Absolutely love three wheels, and you will, too! Ask away, there's somebody on this forum that will have an answer for everything you need.

Glad to have you aboard!

Thanks a bunch. I copyed some of this on my desktop to read over again and with my wife. Lots of good advise and a very good link (Thread) ThirdWheel, thanks

Hi everyone, another new trike rider here. I have a 2002 Harley Ultra and just bought a 2010 Goldwing CSC Trike last week. I am 57 years old and have been riding all my life but still haven’t ridden any trikes of yet. (Any advice?) I am having a lot of extras added on it so it won’t be ready for two weeks so there’s time to hear your advice for a seasoned rider getting on a trike. Thanks in advance.

Welcome aboard GK. You will notice a big difference from the HD and not just the 3 wheels. You may end up missing that rumble. Then again maybe not.

WELCOME to TRIKE TALK.....I just turned 58 last week with 40+ years of ridin' Motorcycles usually 30,000 to 40,000 miles per year. Great Link ThirdWheel sent You and Nana's advice. The steering technique, and opposite lean feels awkward at first, but a few hundred miles and it comes to You. Feels totally natural to me now......Enjoy the Forum and Your Trike. Got questions, ask......:wtg:

We have a PDF download called "How To Ride A Motorcycle Trike" which is a compilation of wisdom from many sources. Just click on the link below and print/save to your desktop. Share it with others -- it's free! :yes:

http://www.thetrinitytrike.com/HowToRideAMotorcycleTrike.pdf

Bob Witte
The Trinity Trike

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png