Cool, Warm, and Rain on a Stallion

Sep 9, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I was thinking of my riding clothing for the Stallion. I played around with ideas of a First Gear Rainer riding jacket, then felt that or the Aerostich was overkill for a trike. But I have to admit, the Rainer is one heck of a jacket.

For the heat, I have special UV protection clothing, etc. That works great. I have some Sun Precautions,30+ SPF Clothing gear.

For rain I was thinking of a Frogg Toggs riding suit at Frogg Toggs Elite Highway Rain Gear By the way, I understand that rain drops might roll off the windshield down to your legs/feet. I figure I could use some door edge protectors for the edge of the Stallion windshield to may be deflect the rain down the sides of the Stallion. Should be no problem. Plus, this would look good in my overall styling idea.

For cold I am now excited about the Gerbing liner jacket and liner gloves. I like their battery pack idea for power and power controller. See Gerbing's Heated Clothing // Heated Jacket Liner For some reason wearing an electric blanket and gloves sound really neat to me.

Does anyone have other ideas? :) Thanks.

On our recent trip out West, it was really hot (107 through Phoenix). We wore SPF 30 shirts from REI but had on our short summer gloves. A challenge was the separation between the sleeve and the glove as the wind would push back the shirt sleeve. My husband came up with the idea of tennis wristbands. Stopped at a Sports Authority and they worked great to cover that space on the wrist and keep the end of the sleeve in place. On the hottest days, we wet them down and they kept us cool (at least for a little while).

You sound like you've got a lot of good ideas!

I use Cool Vest in the summer, and heated gear with snow bibs if really cold in the winter. The Cool vest work great, and keep both of us refreshed on the ride for a good 4 hours before we just have to re-wet them, and then good for another four.

Those are really good ideas. I am making note of them. I noticed at my local Stallion dealer, the have an electrical connection for $100. I could just hook up my cool weather electric gear to it, I guess. ;)

I still like the battery pack idea too. If I was trike camping, the electric toaster warmth would be very nice in the sleeping bag. When traveling during the day, I wonder if I could simply recharge the battery pack from the Stallion electical connection. That would be very cool (pun intended). :D

ON the electrical connection go to walmart purchase a cigeratte lighter plug for $10 or less. Drill a hole, wire it to the battery. I put in 2, one on the side just behine the cup holder, and the other just behind the driver in the side wall so the passagger can charge his toys in route.

I also put another in the trunk to charge up what ever while we are out walking or eating so the topy is locked in the trunk.

I was thinking of my riding clothing for the Stallion. I played around with ideas of a First Gear Rainer riding jacket, then felt that or the Aerostich was overkill for a trike. But I have to admit, the Rainer is one heck of a jacket.

For the heat, I have special UV protection clothing, etc. That works great. I have some Sun Precautions,30+ SPF Clothing gear.

For rain I was thinking of a Frogg Toggs riding suit at Frogg Toggs Elite Highway Rain Gear By the way, I understand that rain drops might roll off the windshield down to your legs/feet. I figure I could use some door edge protectors for the edge of the Stallion windshield to may be deflect the rain down the sides of the Stallion. Should be no problem. Plus, this would look good in my overall styling idea.

For cold I am now excited about the Gerbing liner jacket and liner gloves. I like their battery pack idea for power and power controller. See Gerbing's Heated Clothing // Heated Jacket Liner For some reason wearing an electric blanket and gloves sound really neat to me.

Does anyone have other ideas? :) Thanks.

Is an Areostich over kill? I belive you should not rule out high protection clothing. Leather is king for abraion protection, and those Areostich suits are very good. Just because you are not on two wheels it does not mean you are going to be sliding down the pavement in a crash. Dress for comfort and protection.

mattel makes a good point

Witht he baker wings, and the heater you will not need as heavy of an outfit. the wings cut out the air flow, and the windshield makes a good bubble to stay warm in. Of course I am talking SC cold, which means riding in the 40 and 50.

Is an Areostich over kill? I belive you should not rule out high protection clothing. Leather is king for abraion protection, and those Areostich suits are very good. Just because you are not on two wheels it does not mean you are going to be sliding down the pavement in a crash. Dress for comfort and protection.

My Olympia Motosports 1pc Phantom Suit has even better protection (Denser Material at critical areas) than the Aerostich Suit, and costs less. I have two of these with the first bein' almost 4 years old with not so much as a stitch out of place. Both have thousands of miles on em' of rugged wear, and all types of year-round weather abuse.....Dress for the Wreck, and Enjoy the Ride....:wtg:.......PS: What's up Eddie...:)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png