Oil Change

Apr 2, 2013
Boulder, Utah
Ok this may be a silly question but how do you do your own oil change on a trike? It is so low to the ground you can't get anything under it. If you jack up the front end then the trike is not level. How do you do it?

That is a great idea right there. How do you keep the boards from slipping down on the ramps?

The boards have an aluminum ramp bracket on them that I position over the lip on the metal ramps and that keeps them from sliding down. You can see the aluminum bracket on the ramp behind the front wheel.

Put a small scissor floor jack under the motor. Jacket up a ways to allow you to get a low profile oil pan under it remove drain plug filter let the scissor jack back down once your oil has completely drained out raise your floor jack back up plug-in new filter remove Jack fill motor with oil. Lot safer than trying to put a tricycle up on three car ramps

There was a post here awhile back. Guy made a kewl set up that you could ride up, then remove the middle portion to work on the trike. Also because the ramp was in sections, it stowed easily. I tried to find it, but couldn't.

Maybe the op will repost it or a link.

I remember the big ramp/deck you are thinking of but can't find it either. I always though it was too awkard and bulky. Here is a pix of the ramps I've used for years... Several guys around the world have made them and like them.. PM me your email if you want more inforation and photos. :xszpv: :xszpv:

All Ramps.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png