L E D's

Mar 6, 2010
Wheeler,Texas
Ordered and installed a pair of LED taillights today. Everything works as advertised,BUT (and it may just be my jacked up eyes) it looks like the left one is flickering or pulsing very rapidly!?!?

I'm the first to admit that besides basic splicing and checking for voltage,I am an electrical dipwad.

Anyone??

Thanks LB I will do that.

Of course with the bike being used,those who came before me were even bigger dipwads. I wish had had taken pictures of the birdsnest of wires and black tape that represented my tail light power supply.:eek::eek:

I was able to still utilize the factory connectors,so my question is,can I tap into the factory ground wire and run an independent ground to the frame??

Thanx gang

Yes you should be able to ground that way, not sure what kind of trike you have just make sure the frame is a true ground, and not some alloy that will not connduct.

Sorry to say I am one of those rat nest dipwads, take the seat off my Vulcan or my GL1500 and a mechanic starts hyperventlating. My wiring is good just messy.

On the Stallion my wife shows up and does all the routing and zip tying to make it look neat, for some reason I cannot get her help on my bikes.

To each their own I always say,I just suffer from a mild form of OCD that just will not allow stuff like that to happen(which is why a normal 2 hour task usually takes me 5) LOL:p

Thanks again for your input,I am not gonna get to fix it until we get back from BBBQ.

Speaking of LEDs, I finally got around to converting my Deuce rear turn signals to LED today. Had to add an 'equalizer' - 2 Radio Shack resistors connected between turn signal hots and ground. I like them! Have smoked lenses on the rear, so the red comes through nicely - needed red rather than amber as I've got a module that turns them into brake lites too. Now I just have to remember to manually check them periodically, as the 'burned out lamp' detection circuit will always see the resistors - even if a bulb burns out (unlikely with LEDs I hope).

To each their own I always say,I just suffer from a mild form of OCD that just will not allow stuff like that to happen(which is why a normal 2 hour task usually takes me 5) LOL:p

Thanks again for your input,I am not gonna get to fix it until we get back from BBBQ.

I used to install low voltage systems. I worked with guys who installed everything perfectly tidy as they went. I'm like "Pigpen" in the Peanuts comics. No matter how long I take, how carefully I try, and using 100's of zip ties, I still leave a Spaghetti factory behind.

Red wires everywhere...
Front%20View%20Almost%20Done%202.jpg

After consulting with the ever so helpful folks in Troup,Tx. I was informed that the lights were designed to do that(blink twice and then come on solid) LOL and here I was thinking I did something wrong:blush::D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png