LED Lighting needed!! Help!

Boscoporp

TOI - North Carolina
Jul 28, 2009
Mooresville NC
I have a 2003 GW trike with an Illusion Blue Motor Trike conversion. I pull a 1940 Ford replica all the time. I am looking for someone that has used LED'S on a trike that can give me some guidance. I would realy like a theme including the trike and trailer. Sort of a Thunder road idea??? I want to light it while on the road and another set of lights while parked. I have been thinking of adding a car battery in the nose of the trailer to operate the lights, sound??, smoke, and what ever ideas that you might have/

What would look real cool it to have tail pipes coming out of the trailer[car] and have flame throwers to lite it up at nite, you can buy the lits are make your own, easy to do,
far as the leds. Simple to do too,
what you can do on your motor[trike] is get tthe lites that go into your plug wires that when the motor is running it shows blue lites, real cool looking, i use them on my vw trikes and look good at nite too.

You shouldn't need a car battery - LEDs draw a small fraction of the current that incandescents do. The only complication with switching all turn signals to LED are potential problems with the flasher circuit, which is designed for the higher current of incandescent bulbs. Can't comment on the GW, but with HD you have to add 'equalizers', which amount to resistors that just sit there and draw current that the incandescents used to. Kinda defeats one of the reasons for using LEDs if you ask me.

If you've got a conventional flasher you might get away with just changing that to one designed for the lower current draw of LEDs, but HD has a pretty sophisticated turn signal circuit - self canceling, burnt out bulb detection and dash warning, lean detection, etc.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png