different kits.

Jul 16, 2010
Axson, Georgia
I can use some guidance.

Now that the tri-glide is history and I am loking in the golf wind direction and I am looking at trikes I do not want o buy the wrong trike.

I have eyes on.

2008 GW NAv. with a Lehman Mon. 11 kit on it. 3k miles

2003 GW with Motor trike kit. 10k miles

2005 GW with Champion kit. less than 10k miles

Which kits should I lean towards and stay away from?

I'm not sure you could go wrong with any of the trikes you mentioned. I am very well satisfied with my '05 GW with Motor Trike kit. Hope to be riding it when the fiscal year ends.

Southern Man

I will speak first about the Bike, the GL1800 is a good machine, be careful of 2002-2003 for frame cracks, some were fixed some were not, many never had a problem. Below I clipped a report from Goldwing GL1800 colors I think he says it well.

If you are a tall person you may want to consider a seat mod, or the older GL1500 (my choice).

Buying notes by years GL1800

2001 thru 2003 - small chance of frame weld cracks
2006 and newer - nicer, reinforced frames
2004 - first year for backlit grip controls

2005 - first year for factory vented windshields

2001 thru 2005 - ABS available by itself ($1000 option)
2006 and newer - ABS now packaged with Comfort Package (heated seats, grips) and Navigation so it costs $3500 instead of $1000 if you want ABS.

2006 and newer - Larger alternator, fans, radiators.

2001 thru 2005 - Comes with 2 front speakers and a 30-watt amp.
2006 and newer - Comes with 6 speakers and an 80-watt amp.

2009 - Tire pressure monitoring system standard. Comfort package now the base model. XM radio now part of the Navigation package.

Website conclusion
Update: After spending some time with my brother's 2007 I'm really a fan of the 2006 and newer bikes. They have a lot of little improvements here and there...nicer dash, improved electrical connectors, MUCH nicer stereo, etc. in addition to the things mentioned above.

Well they are all good manf. But if I was looking again I would ride everyone with my co-rider to see how we both like it.. the problem with ur question is everyone wants to say theirs is the best and it might be for them...
So I suggest U try to ride as many different kits as u can. They each will ride differently. Also think about which installer is closer to U in case u have problems..
Of course the way U recycle motorcycle U might not have it long anyway :p

Good luck....

All are good kits the ones with idependent suspession will ride a little softer,just be sure to take each one for a ride before you buy it.
Also find out who the installer was and his reputation.
For the most part when a person has a problem with a trike the problem can be traced back to the installer.

All of Your listed choices are Great Trikes....I'm still very much enjoyin' my Gold Wing 1800 Motor Trike IRS....in fact it will be re-visitin' the Dragon/Cherohala/Blood Mountain/North Carolina/Georgia/etc. Areas and ridin' with a Group of 2-wheelers Friday, Saturday, Sunday this week. One Rider will be comin' from Canada....;):cool:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png