Newbie here - looking for help finding obsolete parts!

Jun 16, 2017
York, PA USA
:wave4: Hi all. Had a champion trike kit put on our 2003 Ultra Glide about 9 years ago. Need to replace bearing and bolts on bullhorn axle. Champion says that axle was discontinued so long ago that the parts are obsolete and only alternative was a new axle ($4600+shipping). I'm thinking (hoping :confused:) we can find these obsolete parts (or another solution) before we invest this amount of cash!

Converted our harley to trike after hubby suffered a 2nd stroke in 2007. Our "Black Pearl" has been such a huge part of our life since then and we are lost without her! Although we will do what we have to to get her back on the road, I just can't believe there isn't another alternative to replace some seemingly simple parts without parting with that kinda dough.

We appreciate any suggestions -- just stumbled across this site while researching our issue -- awesome!!

View attachment Trike_email.pdf

Welcome to Trike-Talk, Janet....I'm sure someone will chime in soon with the info you need, Theres a lot of knowledgeable people there ...And will help you get back on the road ..ThumbUp

If you can get the bearing dimensions or if you have them removed already take them to; Applied Industrial Technologies in Harrisburg 717-564-8780 I have never been let down by this company. Also your local Graingers or Fastenal should be able to help you out. They would also need the dimensions or old bearing in hand

I can't help with the bearing but Welcome from Wisconsin!! Good luck with your parts, it seems like there should be a replacement/upgrade available.

With the dimensions, you can go to the skf website and look up which bearing will work. I did a quick search and didn't find a 2209-RS bearing, but there are a number of suppliers for 2209-2RS bearings. 2209-2RS bearings have an 85 mm outer diameter, 45 mm inner diameter, and 23 mm width.

If there is a local skf distributor, you should be able to walk in with the old bearing and they could find something for you.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png