Back to Stock

MikeyTX

Dead animals deserve balloons...
May 9, 2016
Big Bend Country, TX
If it doesn't rain Sat. and my indie can get my trike in, I'm going back to the stock intake and kicking the Ness Big Sucker to the curb. I want to quiet the intake sound now that I have to wear hearing aids.

I'm into mellow. Not too loud not too quiet. Not intake, but I have Screaming Eagle Street Cannons for pipes. Definitely hear them under load. Not sure how they compare to other slip ons, but they appear to be quite free flowing. Performance and engine cooling/care requires some sacrifices. I would prefer something a bit more quiet, but I'm good. I think the big twin is happy.

To much noise is a bummer. I think my trike is on the edge, but the wife likes it. I do not use the hearing aids while riding, would drive me crazy, and for sure don't use them when the little grandsons are here.

To much noise is a bummer. I think my trike is on the edge, but the wife likes it. I do not use the hearing aids while riding, would drive me crazy, and for sure don't use them when the little grandsons are here.

Jim, I have the over the ear right now and they are fine when driving the car or truck. State of TX has a program for working Texans that will cover up to 100% of the cost of hearing aids. I took advantage of it and am waiting for solid state, custom molded hearing aids to come in. They push in similar to the custom made shooters or m/c ear plugs. My out of pocket for them was only $875. The batteries get replaced once a year. State covers the servicing cost. They will sync to my phone so I can take phone calls over them and play music. :cool:

Take mine out while riding. If riding more than a couple miles I wear foam ear plugs just to cut down wind noise.

Jim, in TX, just like glasses, it goes on your driver's license as a code letter.

Did not know that. NM does not have a code for hearing on the license.

I have the wire insert. There is a switch that will cut the background noise which is good. I use my aids to help cut the crickets that are inside of my ears. LOL

I will be able to get an upgrade in 2018 at no cost. I like the idea of battery change yearly.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png