Fuel System Treatment, yes or no?

I ride my Trike every day, So as far as I'm concerned its not needed.. I do keep a gal and half of gas in a sealed container , For emergences' and sometimes that will sit for quite a while, So i use Sta-bil gas treatment in it...That said, If you want to use a gas treatment it can't hurt...

Were not having any trouble before, but started using a shot of Star-Tron with almost every fill-up after having read an article on it in Rider Magazine some time ago. Have not had any trouble since starting use, and not noticed any difference except we thought we noticed a very small increase in gas mileage. If nothing else it offers a little peace of mind. :Shrug:

Were not having any trouble before, but started using a shot of Star-Tron with almost every fill-up after having read an article on it in Rider Magazine some time ago. Have not had any trouble since starting use, and not noticed any difference except we thought we noticed a very small increase in gas mileage. If nothing else it offers a little peace of mind. :Shrug:

Like i always say....If doing something , In this case gas treatment, Makes you feel good, Then it will make your engine feel good...ThumbUp which isn't a bad thing....

I use Chevron Techron in my hot rod and my daily Silverado, I run a bottle about every month and can tell a difference after using it. Unless someone say's it can hurt I will start running it in the Wing Trike.

I have always put 4oz of sea breeze in my bikes twice a year. I also do a full can of it in my vehicles twin a year.

I bought a BMW K1200LT awhile ago ... after about a week it started running rough. Did the 4 oz thing and within 10 miles it smoothed right out. I am a firm believer in it.

Many years back a friend (and also later my son) told me to check out Startron gas treatment. I originally started using it in hopes of curing a stumble I hand with my '01 GL1800 engine. In the process I had meticulously maintained gas and mileage records to see if this stuff did indeed make a difference.

The stumble never did get cured but I did improve gas mileage and pep. After several weeks I compared numbers and actually just broke even dollar wise. The performance improvement to me is worth the bother of adding the Startron to my fill ups.

Now, here is the frosting on the cake... A couple years ago I found a place to purchase double strength (twice the potency of the locally available version) Startron with minimal cost increase. Based on my figures I am actually paying myself to take an extra couple seconds each time I fill up...... :clapping: :clapping:

No, I do not have any connection to the company. Just passing along what I know works... Here is a link to the startron site so you can check it out...

http://www.starbrite.com/item/star-tron-gasoline-fuel-additive?category_id=685

Here is where I buy mine.. https://www.amazon.com/Star-Tron-En...rd_wg=Cb1dI&psc=1&refRID=GK97P1JS1CPVCC2J6DEH

Rule of thumb ... never use a chemical unless it can be justified. Just because Bill Bob uses it is not a good reason.

I've never used a fuel treatment in anything I've had during my entire life and have been driving/riding for 44 years.

I have always put 4oz of sea breeze in my bikes twice a year. I also do a full can of it in my vehicles twin a year.

I bought a BMW K1200LT awhile ago ... after about a week it started running rough. Did the 4 oz thing and within 10 miles it smoothed right out. I am a firm believer in it.

You do mean Sea-Foam.....Sea Breeze is a Vodka Cocktail, Just checking thought you might of found a new Gas treatment......:laugh:

From what is known & well published about today's ethanol "enhanced" gasoline, expect it to begin degrading in quality after about 30 days of sitting.

This fact reinforces my belief that something is needed to slow or reverse this "aging" of fuel.

As others above have alluded to, Startron is an excellent additive. It actually protects fuels 1 year longer than Sta~Bil brand fuel treatment.

If one uses up fuel within 30 days of purchase/filling up, stabilizer is likely not needed.

Here in much of the Northeast there is a period of about 3~5 months that toys, lawn implements, etc., sit idle. From personal experience, unless fuel is drained & carbs are also drained of all residual fuel, bad things begin to happen. Unless an additive of some type is used.

For some reason, fuel injected engines don't seem to be affected as quickly or as badly as carburated engines when it comes to storage.

I'm sold on its benefits, and realize others are not.

Bottom line: It's your call but after a period of leaving a vehicle sitting, you're having issues in starting or smooth running after putting away a good running rig, perhaps you should try something to stabilize whats in your tank(s).:Shrug:

I tried seafoam once and as soon as I opened the container I smelled alcohol. Doing my best to keep alcohol out of my vehicles I checked the ingredients of seafoam. Yes, isopropyl alcohol is one of the ingredients listed. I decided I'd find something else.

Over my years there has been 2 automotive call in shows I've listened to in this area. When someone called in asking about certain additives and what they thought both would generally decline to comment except to say something like if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

The only product they would both say would work is Techron.

Ive been using a home brewed mixture of Tecron and Marvel Oil for over 35 years.

4oz per tankful or when I remember too.

In everything I own.

It cant hurt anything but my wallet and Ive never had a fuel related issue.

Except running out of gas once............and that wasnt the mixtures fault,

Clean fuel system or de carbon ?

I have 2 desired effects that might have mutual benefits from the right additive.

De carbon piston tops is a big one for me, the plugs and maybe injectors can be cleaned more easily.

Published test results show some of these don't do much.

Happy Day

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky64

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky64
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png