MPG on Your Trikes

Still playin with my tuner, I have added more fuel and am still stuck @ 44.6, but I aint complaining

The Power Vision Tuner has lots of gadgets built in, if I get lost, there is a stock tune and the last tune I did for back ups, There are 8 slots total I think for all of the tunes

U can get more tunes from Fuel Moto

Update. Now I have a average over 1550 Miles > 39.74 mpg

Sometimes short highway parts, most on windy country roads with some mountains (most small, windy and rampant). I am a solo driver.

Those HDs must have something special under the hood, I've never approached 39/40, no matter what I do. I'm, anywhere from 33/36, depending on the ride.

Probably the many cylinders to feed :Joker3:

I have no exact numbers from last year, with everything on the engine original, but if I remember right, there I was at about 35 mpg.

In this time I needed more rpms for my style of riding, normal rpm range from 2000 - 3000.

Now with the SE 259E Cam Kit and Penzl exhaust I have more punch from low rpms, now the most time between 1700 - 2500 only for overtaking and rampant hills ist more needed (and for the hills, the rpms are the fun :D ).

After doing all the maintenance due at 32k (because I had no idea if it had been done), I went on a 200 mile burger run. For the trip, two fills, I averaged 38.12 mpg. That's about 3-4 mpg up. Guessing the clogged air filter needed to be changed. :D

After doing all the maintenance due at 32k (because I had no idea if it had been done), I went on a 200 mile burger run. For the trip, two fills, I averaged 38.12 mpg. That's about 3-4 mpg up. Guessing the clogged air filter needed to be changed. :D

..What was your average speed???

..Did you happen to notice on the road if you kept it under, at, or over 3000 rpm????

After seeing your air filter pic I'm thinking I could gain a few mpg too with a fresh one. I'm sure it has never been changed (32,786 miles) and living in west Texas it has GOT to be gunked up with dirt. We've been caught in a few dust storms trying to get in or out of Midland....then too on a breezy day, just riding around the area, the air is always dusty.Goldrush (Jerry) did a bunch of maintenance on my trike at 29,333 miles and only 3450 miles have been put on it in-between so I'm not worried about the rest of the "32K" maintenance but your air filter pic sure caught my eye! Bike runs smooth, strong and never hesitates but I get a consistent 32 mpg IF I keep it at or a hair below 3000 rpm on the highway. This speed is ok for a casual, area outing but sometimes you just need to "get on down the road". This is riding 1-up and either loaded or not with luggage.

..What was your average speed???

..Did you happen to notice on the road if you kept it under, at, or over 3000 rpm????

After seeing your air filter pic I'm thinking I could gain a few mpg too with a fresh one. I'm sure it has never been changed (32,786 miles) and living in west Texas it has GOT to be gunked up with dirt. We've been caught in a few dust storms trying to get in or out of Midland....then too on a breezy day, just riding around the area, the air is always dusty.Goldrush (Jerry) did a bunch of maintenance on my trike at 29,333 miles and only 3450 miles have been put on it in-between so I'm not worried about the rest of the "32K" maintenance but your air filter pic sure caught my eye! Bike runs smooth, strong and never hesitates but I get a consistent 32 mpg IF I keep it at or a hair below 3000 rpm on the highway. This speed is ok for a casual, area outing but sometimes you just need to "get on down the road". This is riding 1-up and either loaded or not with luggage.

My trip was on highway and back roads ... so 80 mph and some 65 mph and some 45 mph. Rpm's were at times over 3k.

The air cleaner was so dirty, I could not see any light through it while looking at the sun. Thought about using it for the eclipse, but, still wouldn't see anything .. LOL

Those HDs must have something special under the hood, I've never approached 39/40, no matter what I do. I'm, anywhere from 33/36, depending on the ride.

They probably switched over to the new Kuhneutson Valve...It is said to be far superior to old inferior Kukneutson Valve's.....

Kaleco Auto.com, They have a bunch of them in stock....:);)

gas mileage

I have a 2000 gl 1500se with 93000 mils. and a champion kit. I avg 34 I think I will get any were from 33 to 36. now if I am sight seeing & not in a hurry I will get up to 40 but not very often. If I am running 70- 75 I might get 32, 34.

Hello Trikesters, I looking at purchasing a TriGlide. What I would like to know from you out there, what is the average gas mileage you guys and gals get on your TriGlides. Doesn't matter what year model or what upgrades you have, if you do reply just put what you have and the average mpg. I haven't purchased yet, just gathering info. Anyone can reply even if they have some other trike. Info is needed.

Donnie

I average 35.5 sometimes 2 up sometimes solo 50/50.

Hello Trikesters, I looking at purchasing a TriGlide. What I would like to know from you out there, what is the average gas mileage you guys and gals get on your TriGlides. Doesn't matter what year model or what upgrades you have, if you do reply just put what you have and the average mpg. I haven't purchased yet, just gathering info. Anyone can reply even if they have some other trike. Info is needed.

Donnie

2017 Tri Glide average 35.5 MPG.

I only have about 1000 miles on my road king since I converted it to a trike, but I've been getting 31 mpg in town and 44 mpg on the highway.

It is a 2004 Road King with a Frankenstein conversion

Donnie

'17 Tri Glide, solo average 35 MPG, 2 up 33/34 MPG

Between 37 and 41 on my 17 T/G.....I don't drive fast' And i don't drive slow....I just drive...:Shrug:

:GoodPost:

Trike riding is all about the enjoyment and pleasure of riding. It is unrelated to the cost of ownership.

Fuel costs are a part of ownership.:D

So as Rhino has said, Just drive and enjoy.:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png