New member. Central Florida

Jun 25, 2017
Orlando FL
Hi all. New here, and looking to explore the option of converting my 2nd gen 2013 GL1800. I bought the GW with 3900 miles on it and now have 22000. I have done the mega monty from traxion dynamics and added helibars. Just wondering if those upgrades will remain in place when doing a trike conversion?

Also, IF, and a Big IF..... i would get the Hannigan, 180 setup, will I still be able to use the traxxion set up.

Sorry for so many questions on a first post. Thanks for reading

Wayne.

Don't worry the Honda guy's will show up...

Welcome to the forum great bunch of people here I'm sure someone has the information you need. Sooner or later they will see the post and fill you in on your questions. Zook may even have the answers. Me I ride Harley :Coffee: ride safely Fred

Hi all. New here, and looking to explore the option of converting my 2nd gen 2013 GL1800. I bought the GW with 3900 miles on it and now have 22000. I have done the mega monty from traxion dynamics and added helibars. Just wondering if those upgrades will remain in place when doing a trike conversion?

Also, IF, and a Big IF..... i would get the Hannigan, 180 setup, will I still be able to use the traxxion set up.

Sorry for so many questions on a first post. Thanks for reading

Wayne.

The problem with the Traxxion setup is that their proprietary, rebound-dampening, externally adjustable fork caps that come with the AK-20 Axxion Cartridge Kit can not be used in place of the billet fork tube extensions that come with trike rake kits.

The extensions are a must have when you do a trike conversion as the keep the trike leveled after adding the raked trees. This would apply to a standard or the Hannigan 180 front end. I have heard that they might custom machine a set of extension caps, but I'm not sure if they ever started doing that. You might want to give them a call.

The Heli Bars are compatible with the raked triple trees and are a sweet setup.

Welcome Wayne from Southeastern Tennessee... very knowledgeable folks here on trike talk (although I'm not one of them :laugh:)... I'm sure someone on here will be able to help with your questions!

Hey Wayne,

:welcome: to Trike Talk from South Florida.:wave4:

I have the AK-20 Traxxion suspension system with the fork cap extensions manufactured by Traxxion and their 6 degree rake kit.

Hey Wayne,

:welcome: to Trike Talk from South Florida.:wave4:

I have the AK-20 Traxxion suspension system with the fork cap extensions manufactured by Traxxion and their 6 degree rake kit.

Wow. THATS the news I wanted to hear. I was hoping my 4K investment wasnt going to be wasted.

And thanks everyone for the welcome. As always, I will have more Questions than answers !!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png