Back in the USA again soon

Aug 30, 2012
Brisbane Australia
well its been quite a while since i popped in here... i sold my trike to a very happy new owner who flew up to look at it from Sydney to Brisbane. then flew up again to ride it over 1000 Ks home.

I do Miss the trike sometimes. it was a blast. maybe i will get another one in the future.

I did teach my new wife Sue to ride o the trike. legally we cant do it here because you have to learn on a bike under 650 cc. and cant ride anything bigger for over a year. kind of crazy because the trike is a great motorcycle to learn on. you cant fall off while your learning the hand and foot controls.

anyway Sue is now up to her big bike license. and we have bought a Harley (springer softail) which is currently in Connecticut. also bought an old car and trailer there via craigslist as the 2 wheeled bike isnt the best way for 2 people to travel overseas for a month.

I know we will get some flack about the choice of car (i will get to that in a minute) but when your buying a vehicle without seeing it a lot more emphasis goes on the feel you get about the seller.. you need to find someone that when you talk to them you know they are good people.

we will be towing the bike from Connecticut down to the blue ridge parkway, all the way down to Maggie valley and Robinsville NC. the up to Chicago and Milwaukee across to Sturgis for the rally. down through Colorado. through monument valley. to Las Vegas via page and the north rim. north through Death Valley. Yosemite park. down to the giant Sequoias. LA and then ship the bike home.

This time we have 2 other couples from Australia with us for at least some of the trip.. definitely in NC.. and again in the Black Hills.

Ken if you read this and are free and in your home town on monday the 31st of July we will stop for a beer with you..

OK the car.. we bought a Lincoln town car and have had a tow bar fitted. under $1000 and i expect she will make the Journey... its been serviced and is good to go. purring nicely apparently. fingers legs and eyes crossed.... ahh well its an adventure...

So if you see an old silver towncar towing a yellow and white springer its probably us.

Attachments

• lincoln 001.jpg
    lincoln 001.jpg
    655.9 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCN2649.jpg
    DSCN2649.jpg
    989.8 KB · Views: 235
Welcome Back Jeff!! Sorry you sold the trike but it looks like you have one SWEET soft tail waiting for you. The towncar looks pretty road worthy so I hope it proves to be just that.

If you've never ridden the Blue Ridge, you are in for a real treat!! Well, most of it anyway. :D Then you get to do the northern tier of the states..... Man, what a dream vacation!!! Wish I could hook up with you for a while but that is not in the stars this summer.. Have a GREAT TIME !!!!!!!!!!!! :xszpv: :xszpv:

Ken if you read this and are free and in your home town on monday the 31st of July we will stop for a beer with you..

I will PM you my phone number. We will have a bed for you too. Stay out our place instead of a motel! Looking forward to having a cold one with you again and meeting your better half!

I'll be wishing that I could join you in Sturgis again but I am scheduled to have a full hip replacement on August 10th. And my favorite band, KANSAS, is in concert right here at our County Fair on August 4th. So if I do go it will only be for two days. Well four figuring it's a day there and a day back.

Anyway, see you at the end of July!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce Tapscott aka T.P.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce Tapscott aka T.P.
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png