Harley trike factory kit not level

I've talked to 3 dealers about the trike not being level and 1 dealer has repaired 4 trikes and the other 2 know nothing about this problem. My 2011 Harley trike sets close to 1" low on left side.

Welcome to the forum and greetings from Florida.
Could be the way the body is bolted to the frame or the rear shocks adjusted.
It's under warranty have the dealer correct it

I've talked to 3 dealers about the trike not being level and 1 dealer has repaired 4 trikes and the other 2 know nothing about this problem. My 2011 Harley trike sets close to 1" low on left side.

Information from another Forum. I hope it helps.
Any trike builder could tell you, but I am sure what they plan to do is simply align the trike by adjusting the motor-mounts. I don't mean the actual mounts, but the adjustable links that move the engine in the frame. The trike is simply twisted and they will adjust these links to bring it into alignment. It's not that big of a deal and a good trike builder could do this without removal of the body.

Welcome to TrikeTalk, plleonard. Keep us posted on what gets done to correct this for you. You will soon be out riding it with a big grin again!

Welcome aboard. At least you found a dealer that says it's an issue that they will address. GET ER DONE

I've got the same problem it seems. Left side is low. Maybe not by a full inch but you can see it. At first I thought it was just me but I got out a metal yardstick at work the other day and it measured low on the left on a good level floor.
I took it to the dealer for the 1000 mile service and they said it was measured from the frame etc. and found to be straight but they said the fender on the left was out of line. They line it up and I thought it looked OK but it seems to be low again. I haven't had time to look it over real well but I will this weekend.
I also felt that the trike had a bit of a lean to the left as far as sitting on it on the road. Figured it was the crown of the road (or just my imagination) but I intend to check it out better. Anyone else feel this? I'm new to Harleys in general so I thought maybe I'm sitting a bit crooked because of the air cleaner.

I'm riding to Daytona, FL from Indianapolis this Sat. and plan to take the Trike to the one dealer who has worked on several Trikes when I return. I don't feel it's a serious problem to ride until it is resolved.

my 2010 has a 1/4in differance measured from top of fender on the left side. measured from the end of mufflers is right on. I am not concerned because it stays straight down the road with hands off handle bars. takes both right and left curves same.

Like Oldmsocko said above....it's a fairly simple fix and the trike is just not aligned. Once the MOCO gets word out to all the dealers they will eventually learn what to do and possibly even go through the alignment process before they put them on the floor for sale. They should have been aligned before they left the plant, but that guy must have been on vacation for a while or something.

Other forums have addressed this issue and I will only give you a thread clue...."lean and mean". It's fixable, but don't ride it until it is fixed...it could be very dangerous in the curves and for god sakes....don't let anybody tell you it's normal!

You may have a slight difference in the measurements from one side to the other from the fender well to the floor, but this is only slight differences in body fitment and even tire pressure. You will know if it's twisted-or-not when you ride it in the curves.....especially a long sweeper.

Mine was 7/8 of an inch down on the left side. Took it back to dealer. They had to remove the body to fix. Now it is within an 1/8 of an inch of level. I know they called the HD Tech Line to get the fix for it.

Old Fort HD in Fort Smith, AR is the best for sure!!! They had me level and back on the road in a couple of hours.

Body removal should not have been necessary....but what do I know, I am not a MOCO tech., just a guy that has fixed one-or-two. I hope they did not simply shim the body.

Keep a good feel on your handling. If the frame is actually twisted, you will know it when you hit the curves and it will really show-up in the long high-speed sweepers.

We could have more than one issue here. Maybe it could be a body fitment issue and shimming could correct that, but if it's an alignment issue....you can shim the body all you want to and never correct the handling.

Hope they got you fixed up!

The tech explained to me and showed me exactly how they fixed it and they did not shim the body!! It was an adjustment between the frame and suspension. I would imagine if they didn't need to take the body off they wouldn't. It was alot of work. Why would they do that unneccessarily??? Warranty would not pay them to do it if it didnt have to be done. Like I said, they called the HD Tech line and got instruction on how to perform the repair.

It rides great with no driveability issues that I have noticed. Tracks straight down the road, bumps and all.....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png