Deflector Wings

I have them and will not give them up

Now I lifted my tank 2" and put the first generation of air deflectors on, I tweaked mine because of the dragon fly adjustable wings on Old Shiney. It seems they really work for me between the air deflectors and tank lift.If I still smoked I believe I would be able to, going down the road. I'm sure the LRS flat top windshield also plays a part of air management, but still the air deflectors also push more air on the Motor and that is a good thing. Good luck in whatever you decide.:good: travel safely Fred

Attachments

• DSC00274.JPG
    DSC00274.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 540
  • DSC00223.JPG
    DSC00223.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 529
  • DSC00199.JPG
    DSC00199.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 539
  • DSC00226.JPG
    DSC00226.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 527
  • DSC00228.JPG
    DSC00228.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 528
  • DSC00220.JPG
    DSC00220.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 530
  • DSC00222.JPG
    DSC00222.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 530
  • DSC00218.JPG
    DSC00218.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 534
  • DSC00221.JPG
    DSC00221.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 535
I put the DK deflector on years ago to kill the buffeting coming over the tank in the cold weather. I take the plexiglass part off in the summer and leave the metal mounting bracket on. I would give the effectiveness a A+. My trike is a 2010.

Thanks Fearless.....Do you feel the Tank lift helped the buffeting? I've thought about the tank lift, both front and back, but not sure how it effects the gas pickup......I think if I did the lift, both would be best, and I assume it's just a matter of bolt removal etc. jc
I get no bugs on my fuel tank if that tells you anything all go on deflectors and lowers the tank lift also helps increase air flow on motor do both lift and air deflectors. Run your tank low on fuel easier to maneuver (lighter less gas) simple remove seat and loosen back anchor bolts remove front tank bolts really loosen rear ones get the deluxe lift with spacers for rear. don't take them all out at one time one end or the other hard to control fuel tank by yourself. I used pine wood wedge to hold up tank, I was working by myself. Really easy little tight quarters on front but doable with common tools. Be safe Fred

Attachments

• DSC00481.JPG
    DSC00481.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 509
I just put these and a 1.5 inch front and .5 inch rear tank lift on my Freewheeler this evening and I think I read where you have to have a tank lift for these to fit.
You will love the difference in the air over the tank. DK Customs could answer the question about the lift and Air deflectors I lifted mine two years before the air deflectors were available. :drinks:ride safe Fred

I installed the deflectors and noticed a big difference/reduction in buffeting. I too have the deluxe tank lift, but it was installed about two years ago. I believe that even without the lift you will notice decreased buffeting. I think the tank lift with the deflectors wings will give better results and as stated help with cooling.

Now I lifted my tank 2" and put the first generation of air deflectors on, I tweaked mine because of the dragon fly adjustable wings on Old Shiney. It seems they really work for me between the air deflectors and tank lift.If I still smoked I believe I would be able to, going down the road. I'm sure the LRS flat top windshield also plays a part of air management, but still the air deflectors also push more air on the Motor and that is a good thing. Good luck in whatever you decide.:good: travel safely Fred

Wish I had seen these pictures before I installed my deflectors, then I would not have mounted them on the wrong side :) and had to take them off and swap sides :)

Thanks Fearless.....Do you feel the Tank lift helped the buffeting? I've thought about the tank lift, both front and back, but not sure how it effects the gas pickup......I think if I did the lift, both would be best, and I assume it's just a matter of bolt removal etc. jc

The Cooling Deflector Wings at this LINK, have a drop down menu choice, letting you choose which CDW you want...a pair for a Trike with a Tank Lift or a pair for a Trke without Tank Lift.

Tank Lifts with the Deluxe Option do NOT impact the amount of usable fuel (fuel pickup). Below is a photo of me filling up on a TG with a 1.5" Tank Lift and a Deluxe option, as you can see, the entire 6 gallons is available.

Tank Lifts reduce buffeting (and provide many other benefits), CDW's reduce buffeting (and provide better cooling).

The two combined provide the most reduction in buffeting, And the most cooling of the engine.

GasUp_zpszeezoe8m.jpg

Kevin

The Cooling Deflector Wings at this LINK, have a drop down menu choice, letting you choose which CDW you want...a pair for a Trike with a Tank Lift or a pair for a Trke without Tank Lift.

Tank Lifts with the Deluxe Option do NOT impact the amount of usable fuel (fuel pickup). Below is a photo of me filling up on a TG with a 1.5" Tank Lift and a Deluxe option, as you can see, the entire 6 gallons is available.

Tank Lifts reduce buffeting (and provide many other benefits), CDW's reduce buffeting (and provide better cooling).

The two combined provide the most reduction in buffeting, And the most cooling of the engine.

Kevin

Ok Kevin, I'm sold - I'll call you Monday and put an order together - Thanks all for the input - jc

Kevin

Sorry for the Delay Kevin ~ I did order the entire program {lol} this morning over the phone. Dwayne was very helpful and made the process smooth as silk. I'll let you know how it works out for me and the wife. Probably get tank lift and the deflectors on this weekend.

Thanks for the help DK!

jc

Sorry for the Delay Kevin ~ I did order the entire program {lol} this morning over the phone. Dwayne was very helpful and made the process smooth as silk. I'll let you know how it works out for me and the wife. Probably get tank lift and the deflectors on this weekend.

Thanks for the help DK!

jc

Good to hear about Dwayne...he is good people, and an important part of the DK Team.

Appreciate your business, and I hope you enjoy the parts on your Trike as much as I do on mine.

Kevin

Oh well....the best laid plans

Important Fitment Note: "Bikes with Batwings generally need to have the handlebars pushed pretty close to the fairing to acccomodate the tank lift"

Stated pretty clearly on back page.....but ya don't know until you go thru the entire install to prove that statement correct. How are you guys making this work on the trike. I know I put taller bars on and pulled them to me to not have to bend over to turn.....disappointing....

Important Fitment Note: "Bikes with Batwings generally need to have the handlebars pushed pretty close to the fairing to acccomodate the tank lift"

Stated pretty clearly on back page.....but ya don't know until you go thru the entire install to prove that statement correct. How are you guys making this work on the trike. I know I put taller bars on and pulled them to me to not have to bend over to turn.....disappointing....
JC I'm not sure which bars you changed to but my 2+2 wide sweepers I have no clearance problems. I chose them in part for the convex shape everything works just fine. 2" lift no problem and I could bring them back a little if needed. I really wanted bagger bars or 14" apes but the way they were made I didn't think they would work being either concave or straight coming off riser. :Shrug: ride safely Fred

Attachments

• DSC00553.JPG
    DSC00553.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC00140.JPG
    DSC00140.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC00132.JPG
    DSC00132.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC00111.JPG
    DSC00111.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 149

Yeah, that is a bummer about the clearance with your handlebars. The Tank Lift brings a lot of benefits, but sometimes it conflicts with certain handlebar adjustments. You can trade your CDW's to the version with no tank lift if you'd like. Just contact the shop on Monday.

We get asked every day if xyz bike with abc handlebars will work with a tank lift. Unfortunately there is just no way for us to know, which is why we recommend, in the product description on the website, to check for clearance before ordering.

[FONT=&quot]IMPORTANT FITMENT NOTE:

Please make sure this mod does not interfere with any other mods that have been done to your bike - like custom trees, handlebars, etc. You don't want to end up with a dented tank!

We are NOT responsible for any damage done to your bike because of the kit.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

It is easy to check for clearance:

1. With bike on kickstand, take the bolt out of the front of your tank.

2. Loosen (do not remove) the bolt at the rear of your tank.

3. Turn your handlebars all the way to the left and raise the tank up your desired lift height to check for clearance issues.

4. Turn your handlebars all the way to the right and raise the tank up your desired lift height to check for clearance issues.
[/FONT]

Be careful when lifting your tank, you do not want to hit against something (forks, handlebars, trees, blinkers, etc.) when checking for clearance.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png