Engine guards

Jul 3, 2016
Carroll
I'm 5'2" ... looking to install an engine guard on my 2016 Freewheeler. What are the Best engine guard/highway mounts & pegs to bring them close to my short legs ?

I didn't use highway pegs but got an engine guard for soft lowers at a discount from our Harley dealer. It was a new takeoff part from another bike that switched to a black one.

Another reason to go with stock HD guards is that one might want to add the hard lowers later. A couple of folk on here have done that and posted pic's. Looked good.

I have the HD engine guard on my Freewheeler along with highway pegs. Be sure to get the extended length brackets which can be adjusted various ways.

I bought Kuryakyn Longhorn brackets with Dually ISO-Pegs. DK Customs sells a Chrome Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit w/ Radiused Arms. I wasn't aware of this until after I bought mine, but I can tell you the 2 items I purchased from DK are both top notch so you may want to check them out to compare length and adjustability.

I'm 5'2" ... looking to install an engine guard on my 2016 Freewheeler. What are the Best engine guard/highway mounts & pegs to bring them close to my short legs ?

I would use the HD engine guard, or the Lindby.

I'm using the following:

Radiused Arm Mounting- LINK

Fatty ISO Pegs with Heel Rest- LINK

Fatty%20ISO%20Highway%20Mount%20Stealth%20LED.jpg

The nice thing about the above set up is that it is completely adjustable, allowing you to bring it in as close as you want, and with the heel rest you have multiple foot positions.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png