Very disappointed with Motor Trike

Good to Know

Thanks for the info....I finally heard from my installer....I will be picking up my trike on 8/1/17:clapping:....51 days from order placed and my installer did the painting. Just to let everyone know the latest time frame.

Not so fast

Believe it or not... My installer just called and said that the brake line was leaking and MT sent another line and they fixed the problem, HOWEVER, when they went to install the rake THEY DID NOT HAVE THE DEEP WELL SOCKET they needed, and had to order one which May take another week... If this project was not so far along I would cancel.

Believe it or not... My installer just called and said that the brake line was leaking and MT sent another line and they fixed the problem, HOWEVER, when they went to install the rake THEY DID NOT HAVE THE DEEP WELL SOCKET they needed, and had to order one which May take another week... If this project was not so far along I would cancel.

It must be a special type socket....Cause they can go to their local Home depot and get one today for about 5 or 10 dollars....:Shrug:.....Or they could modify one that they have laying around to work/fit...Ive modified many tools over the years..

You would think

You would think after having the bike IN THEIR POSSION FOR 6 days they could have figured this out since they are a Honda dealer that has been to the MT school...again, another trial on my patience.

HOWEVER, when they went to install the rake THEY DID NOT HAVE THE DEEP WELL SOCKET they needed, and had to order one which May take another week... If this project was not so far along I would cancel.

It's probably the spanner socket for the steering head nuts. It is a special deep socket and my understanding it is the same special tool used on all Honda's. Unfortunately specialty tools get lost, and sometimes those tools walk out a shop's door when a mechanic leaves. Sometimes they are worn, or abused, to the point where they cannot be used anymore. Unfortunately, it is my understanding that all specialty tools from Honda are ordered out of Los Angels and always shipped ground. They are not stocked at various warehouses like parts. For me, here in the Tampa area, every time I order one, and assuming LA has one to sell, shipping is about 10 days. Mr. Honda says there is no such thing as overnight shipping on tools.

Often I see some on eBay for sale. However, I looked and did not see any. Usually the ones for sale on eBay are made by a machine shop, not made out of tool grade steel, and more for the DIY. Most professional shops will stay away for those types of tools knowing that the tool needed will need to last for years and not just on 1 or 2 bikes. Plus cheap tools can mean mechanics can get hurt using them.

Hopefully you'll get your trike back soon, and you'll be so happy with it, that all your frustration will quickly melt away. In the mean time, hang in there and find something to do that makes you smile. Sometime life just sucks :( ... that's why they call it the "mean time."

DSCN9121.JPG

Today finally

Today was the day finally I got my TRIKE on the road..this whole thing started June 12th and ended Aug. 6th...55 DAYS. I couldn't be happier.....now.....the learning, and fun, begins

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png