Newby

Jul 8, 2017
Moville, Iowa, USA
I picked up my trike last Saturday (7/15) and so far...so good. Still struggling a bit with the turns and how fast I can navigate them comfortably. It's difficult to overcome 60 years of riding on two wheels. It is a 2016 Wing/Motor Trike. Now my question. With a two wheeler most of the braking power is in the front brake. But What about trike. The front has little tread on the road and it would seem that with two big tires and discs on the back, most of the braking power is on the rear brake. Am I wrong? Blessings Bob B.

I picked up my trike last Saturday (7/15) and so far...so good. Still struggling a bit with the turns and how fast I can navigate them comfortably. It's difficult to overcome 60 years of riding on two wheels. It is a 2016 Wing/Motor Trike. Now my question. With a two wheeler most of the braking power is in the front brake. But What about trike. The front has little tread on the road and it would seem that with two big tires and discs on the back, most of the braking power is on the rear brake. Am I wrong? Blessings Bob B.

I can't comment on the Wing.....But the Tri- Glide braking power is about the same as a Two wheeler...70% front...30% rear....Give or take a percentage point here or there...

Welcome to the forum Bob, and I am like rhino, I can't comment on the Honda's braking ability but I still use the front on my Harley more than I do the rear brakes. Grab a cup of :Coffee:and sit a spell and you will get a few more answers!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daddy Lew
Back