Tomahawk Conversion

Sep 10, 2013
Sarasota,FL
Hello; I am contemplating the conversion for my 2016 Roadmaster.

I have a couple of questions for those that have converted their Indian:

1. Did you have to change your title to reflect the change?

2. How did your insurance company handle the conversion?

3. Is the "Rake Kit" a new triple tree?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.....Tom Woodgeard - Sarasota, FL

1. Did you have to change your title to reflect the change? I have not done a conversion, but, it's my understanding that you do not.

2. How did your insurance company handle the conversion? My insurance company (Geico) considers the conversion an accessory. I increased my accessory coverage to 10k,

3. Is the "Rake Kit" a new triple tree? Yes, I've owned a trike with and one without. It is worth the money.

Hello; I am contemplating the conversion for my 2016 Roadmaster.

I have a couple of questions for those that have converted their Indian:

1. Did you have to change your title to reflect the change?

N0

2. How did your insurance company handle the conversion?

As an accessory. There was no increase in my premium! Took pics and kept all receipts

3. Is the "Rake Kit" a new triple tree?

YES

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.....Tom Woodgeard - Sarasota, FL

I had a Tomahawk conversion with my Indian Roadmaster

MY insurance company (State Farm) considers it a customization. and I'm not sure about the title but I will check into it.

During the conversion (it took a few months) I found:

1. I had the 1st reverse kit (electric) installed by motortrike. The electric reverse requires a secondary battery and Motortrike had not designed the wiring harness to connect the secondary battery to the main battery. after the installation, the reverse stopped working but after some research it turned out to be a bad 30 amp fuse. seems to be working ok now. Motortrike does not offer a mechanical reverse (uses your engine)
  2. My FM/AM and NOAA radio reception went to zero even with antenna booster. I'm looking for someway to install an external antenna to get my reception back
  3. I had the rake kit installed and it did require a new head (think of the angle changes required)

I like the conversion better than my old Spyder

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png