Lift kit question

Just put a comfort lift kit on a 16 , it is a definite increase in height compared to stock. I didn't measure the before height but there is a distinct difference in the brackets when compared side to side with stock. i like the way the tires look in the wheel wells too , looks more symmetric.

Harley has not changed the rear shock brackets since 09...they are the same part # in 09 and in 16. 83860-09 for left side and 83861-09 for right side.

Two things make the rear end look like it is not dragging as much...

1. Dealers are putting more air in the shocks when they are on the showroom floor

2. The Tour-Pak is mounted differently on the new models, making it look more level than in previous years.

Clearance is the same, and steering geometry is the same on the 11's as 16's. Both of these are improved with a Comfort Lift™ or with 14" Trike Series Shocks.

But, yes, one day they may catch on.

It took them about 7 years, but they finally caught on for TP mounting on the 2 wheelers...pretty much copied the concept we had for fixing their design flaw.

Kevin

The other strange thing was that there is no part # stamped on the 09 bracket 📞

You know Frank , You made me go down to the garage and look at the brackets i took of of my 11, Way back in 11..[I never throw out anything] And they do have numbers stamped on them...one side has 4 numbers , And the other has at least 7 numbers, but its impossible to read them, Even with my loupe They were double stamped from the factory...And they aren't worn off... The brackets were only a week old when i first took them off, They still look brand new...:Shrug:

Factory brackets have a ROUND threaded lug for the shock bolt. Aftermarket brackets have a WELDED NUT for the shock bolt.

Bob :Dorag:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png