2001 H/D Fatboy w/Roadsmith trike set-up

Hidy Boys & Gurls,

'Ol timer here & FNG also & glad he/me/I found this website.

Hope I'm posting on the correct site.....

Been riding a Ural 750cc Gear-Up w/2 wheel drive and intend to keep 'er but just bought a 2001 H/D Fatboy w/Roadsmith conversation.....Sweet ride with only 12000 one owner miles.

Gonna' hit you with 3 or 2 questions along, so kindly put up with this 'ol fart that's been riding for over 60 years.......

1st question......How much should the final drive belt be sagging?

Nothing in the owners manual.

Thanks for your help....

Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado.

Not sure on your specific conversion, but on the tri it is really snug, like very little deflection, "Sagging" sounds like a lot, so, I would recommend you contact road smith and ask that question. You can get to their web site by clicking the link on the right of this site. Also, maybe PM Papa Zook on this forum, he is a Roadsmith installer and owns this forum.

2001 Fatboy w/Roadsmith

Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado.

Not sure on your specific conversion, but on the tri it is really snug, like very little deflection, "Sagging" sounds like a lot, so, I would recommend you contact road smith and ask that question. You can get to their web site by clicking the link on the right of this site. Also, maybe PM Papa Zook on this forum, he is a Roadsmith installer and owns this forum.

Belt is as tight as a fiddle string so I'll try Papa Zook.

Thanks for the info & it looks as if my messages are getting out.

Ted (Gorilla) is correct on the belt deflection range. About 1/2 inch deflection is the sweet spot, that is with a very firm pull up or down using your thumb and pointer finger to grip it tightly.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png