Goldwing 1800 Voyager Pre Load Figured Out

Hi everyone!

I finally figured out the Voyager kit for the Goldwing 1800. It only took me a year.

For those of you that have a Goldwing 1800(Mine is a 2007) and are having a hard time sorting out the pre load, here is what I have done.

I have gone over all the material on this forum site and some others to sort out my problem. I just could not seem to set it up right. It had toooo much bounce and too much lean. I set it up the way Voyager said to do it. Does not work their way very well.:mad:

I contacted Voyager numerous times, but not much of a help.:(

So after a couple weeks of research, this is how I set up my pre load. My ride is a 2007 Goldwing1800. I have a CT on the rear(195/55/16 all season)

These are the steps I use:

1. 32lbs. PSI in rear tire/20lbs. in outrigger tires. Front tire at 40lbs. psi.

2. Rear suspension set at 20.

3. I used a 1 3/4in. block for the pre-load.

4. Ride the bike up on the block.

5. Loosen the 8 bolts on the rear kit suspension.

6. When I loosened the bolts, the kit dropped down, which it never did before.

7. I set up the leaf springs of the kit the way I wanted them, centered between

the exhaust and rear fender so it would not hit either. They are on a slight angle,but that is OK. They do not have to be straight on.

8. Use the BLUE lock tight, on the bolts so they do not come loose. I do not have a torque wrench, just guess ta mated 35lbs.

9. Once all 8 bolts are tight and snug I rode the bike off the block.

10. I took it for a rest drive on good and rough roads and could not believe the difference in the ride.

The bike is a little stiffer, rides better, and the outrigger wheels don't come off the ground all the time on turns.

The front end steers better. I should add that I installed a front fork brace this spring and that helps a lot.

My wife, who is very critical on the bike says it is easier for her to steer and says its a 1000 times better. Happy wife, happy life.:clapping:

It is my belief that Voyager is not checking these things out and testing different ideas a lot of us that try things out. 3/4in. is not enough for a Goldwing 1800.

So, there you go everyone. I hope this helps someone out in the future.

I am now one happy rider.:laugh:

Great Job

"BRAVO"

great job.

I have been setting my voyager on my 97 GL1500 using a 2x4 on it's side, which is about the same spec as what you use.

It has been working for me and the misses.

I may just try the locktite on the bolts and see if that works.

But I think the kit tends to rotate at the leaf springs over hard road or potholes.

It does not take very long to knock it out of preload.

At least that seems to be the case with me...
Hi everyone!

I finally figured out the Voyager kit for the Goldwing 1800. It only took me a year.

For those of you that have a Goldwing 1800(Mine is a 2007) and are having a hard time sorting out the pre load, here is what I have done.

I have gone over all the material on this forum site and some others to sort out my problem. I just could not seem to set it up right. It had toooo much bounce and too much lean. I set it up the way Voyager said to do it. Does not work their way very well.:mad:

I contacted Voyager numerous times, but not much of a help.:(

So after a couple weeks of research, this is how I set up my pre load. My ride is a 2007 Goldwing1800. I have a CT on the rear(195/55/16 all season)

These are the steps I use:

1. 32lbs. PSI in rear tire/20lbs. in outrigger tires. Front tire at 40lbs. psi.

2. Rear suspension set at 20.

3. I used a 1 3/4in. block for the pre-load.

4. Ride the bike up on the block.

5. Loosen the 8 bolts on the rear kit suspension.

6. When I loosened the bolts, the kit dropped down, which it never did before.

7. I set up the leaf springs of the kit the way I wanted them, centered between

the exhaust and rear fender so it would not hit either. They are on a slight angle,but that is OK. They do not have to be straight on.

8. Use the BLUE lock tight, on the bolts so they do not come loose. I do not have a torque wrench, just guess ta mated 35lbs.

9. Once all 8 bolts are tight and snug I rode the bike off the block.

10. I took it for a rest drive on good and rough roads and could not believe the difference in the ride.

The bike is a little stiffer, rides better, and the outrigger wheels don't come off the ground all the time on turns.

The front end steers better. I should add that I installed a front fork brace this spring and that helps a lot.

My wife, who is very critical on the bike says it is easier for her to steer and says its a 1000 times better. Happy wife, happy life.:clapping:

It is my belief that Voyager is not checking these things out and testing different ideas a lot of us that try things out. 3/4in. is not enough for a Goldwing 1800.

So, there you go everyone. I hope this helps someone out in the future.

I am now one happy rider.:laugh:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png