Which trike company????

curley03

Contributing Member
Reaction score
I'm still looking for a trikee conversion for my vrod. I asked about American trike company and received a very interesting response. Now I'm thinking about the FRANKENSTEIN trike conversion. Its a solid axel set up. The independent set ups are much more expensive and I don't know if they are worth the extra expense. The American trike kit is independent suspension that is available with a tilt feature. They are also available with CHROME finish. Very Trick and expensive. Is it really worth the extra $1,000s ? Haven't made up my mind yet. The Frankenstein Kit looks like it is well made and bullet-proof. Any one with experience with FRANKENSTEIN conversions??? I really would appreciate any opinions or ideas. thank you for your replys. Jay...:beerchug:

hey there jay, i have been running a Frankenstein since 02/07 and have had absolutely no issues with it. it is a bulletproof setup and the guys at Frankenstein are very willing to assist when you have questions. i know that there are a few others running a frankenstein as well. check out my gallery and Pup's. both of us run Franks and both are very different in style. performancewise, i have found that it rides stable and straight. you won't be dissappointed just keep in mind that it is a solid axle and won't be as smooth as some of the others but if you're just looking for a simple, mean and nasty rear end then the frankensteins are hard to beat.

grimm

I converted my Lowrider this spring with a Frankenstein kit. I LOVE IT! The install was not bad at all, we did it in the garage. The directions are not "quite" as clear as they could be, but they answered the phone and the questions and were great. I will say that part of that might be because I did not go with the kit that would "usually" go on a Dyna, so it was a little different. I really liked that if you send in your sprocket when you place the order, you get the axle with the sprocket already mounted and all the clearances & torque specs are taken care of. The clearances are very tight, which I think is part of why it looks so cool.
I do definitely recommend the raked triple tree! I rode it just around the block without and yikes! it was kinda spooky. With the tree it's a lot more like two wheels. That took more than 20 minutes but less than an hour to put on.
I think I have an album on here somewhere of the build...

Great information. I,ve been leaning toward the Frankenstein conversion both for the cost and installation. I got one quote of $7,100 shipped for a frankenstein kit the dealer is selling on ebay now. The independent suspension kits cost over $10,000 shipped. And the companies who make them are not as well know as frankenstein. The final quote for the motor trike was $13,000 installed. there is an 03 v rod motor trike with 8,000 miles for sale on another forum thats a real deal IMOP but I'm not gonna get rid of my 03, ever. thanks

Great information. I,ve been leaning toward the Frankenstein conversion both for the cost and installation. I got one quote of $7,100 shipped for a frankenstein kit the dealer is selling on ebay now. The independent suspension kits cost over $10,000 shipped. And the companies who make them are not as well know as frankenstein. The final quote for the motor trike was $13,000 installed. there is an 03 v rod motor trike with 8,000 miles for sale on another forum thats a real deal IMOP but I'm not gonna get rid of my 03, ever. thanks

I've never heard a cross word about the Frankenstein kits.. so they must be good.. and for the price, you can't go wrong! Good luck with the project..

I have a vrod with a Motor Trike kit. I love it.

391235376.jpg

Thats a beautiful trike. I wanted something with just the 2 wheels in the rear covered by the small fenders. I'm sure that it won't be long before I wish that I had a trunk. LOL.

I've never seen a "Bad Lookin' V-Rod Trike".....Frankenstein or Motor Trike....both versions look Great....I really like V-Rods anyway...:wtg:

Thats a beautiful trike. I wanted something with just the 2 wheels in the rear covered by the small fenders. I'm sure that it won't be long before I wish that I had a trunk. LOL.

sounds like what pup's trike looks like. i was able to be there when he picked it up.

I test rode a V-Rod trike at Motor Trike last year and loved every minute of it! If I was looking at another trike (we have three already LOL) it would be a V-Rod M/T.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png