New Triker and New to the Forum

Jul 18, 2008
Hi Everyone!
After sitting on a passenger pillion for a few years, I decided it was only fair that I should ride my own, so I signed up and took the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course this year and bought a Honda VLX 600 as my first bike. What I really wanted, however, was one of those cool trikes my husband and I had seen every once in awhile during road trips on our Harley bagger! Besides looking great, I was aware of many advantages of riding a three-wheeled motor and it just seemed like the way to go for me.

So a couple of months ago I bought a 2008 Harley Ultra Classic and have been waiting for it to be converted with a Motortrike kit. I just picked it up last week and I can tell ya, I’ve been nothing but all smiles as I’ve ridden some of the gorgeous back roads in our southern Oregon backyard. The weekend just won’t get here soon enough so I can log more miles!!

Anyway . . . I’m very excited to join this forum and be a part of a great online trike community. I’m confident that I’ll learn a lot from all you experienced trikers and look forward to chatting with you! As an aside, we own and operate a successful motorcycle leather and accessory business that is already concentrating on trike goodies! We actually have a custom leather shop, so we plan to start with my trike (“Mija”) and build up a solid product line that is trike-specific. I’m hoping there’ll be a lot of good advice and ideas coming my way in the future. I guess I should check out becoming a sponsor on this forum before I get too excited and vocal about what we do!

Although I’ll be reading through the archives of various threads, I’m wondering if there’s any advice you think a newbie like me needs to hear . . .

Hellloooo Dolly, Welcome to the forum. Miles and more miles, that will get you the best feel for the trike. Remember that you are wider (about the length of your arms stretched out) so you don't take out your fenders, I would suggest getting your fenders covered with some 3m plastic to protect from rock chips, and enjoy your new ride. You will love the forum and all the knowledge that is available. Happy biking,
Dwight

Hi Dolly, Glad you joined us and welcome aboard! Like anything else, take it easy at first and just have fun. A few miles down the road, you'll be a pro!! Any help we can give, just yell....:)

Glad to see you are enjoying it . I have had mine 7 years now and I still smile all the time I ride it. . Allow a lot of time at gas stops and rest areas. Takes a long time to answer 1,000 questions.

You are a Comely Lady, Dolly. Pleased to have you.

You might want to explain what "Mija" means. It is a great name for a Trike and all will enjoy it.

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png