Wheelchair trike

Big_Steve

Tour Captain - Contributing Member
May 23, 2010
Southwest Florida
I don't watch Orange county chopper very much, but caught it tonight. They built a trike that accommodates a wheelchair. It wasn't much to look at, but it sure spelled "Freedom" for a wheelchair restricted rider.

I watched that as well. Have a friend whom is paralyzed and called him while it was on. The neat thing about that build was the wheel chair rolls right up onto the trike frame and locks into place. More importantly, I saw where a company is providing walking capabilites to persons with some spinal cord injuries through a heavy brace and electrical stimulation. <br />
<br />
Way to go American inventors.

I saw that program too...the open chain drives bouncing around looked a little scary. I would have made some sort of chain guard.

I saw that program too...the open chain drives bouncing around looked a little scary. I would have made some sort of chain guard.

I was thinking that too. But aren't most of the choppers shown on the show for display only? Was wondering if that trike is going to just be displayed too?

amazing what can be done with a little desire and creativity. look at my ride. most people are amazed when they see a one armed guy climb up and ride off!

grimm

It's been done already... just don't know who the builder was...sorry.:blush: Great idea though... Chumbly-;)

Yeah, I think I saw pics of another some time ago. Well, OCC didn't claim to have invented it. The Christopher Reeves foundation folks asked them to build one, so they did.

I just caught it by chance. While I normally like reality shows, the gang at OCC just rubs me the wrong way, so I don't often watch.

Sorry things got a bit heated, but facts are facts and I'm not going to sit back and see our fine sponsors get blamed for something they had no part in. I had made it abundantly clear that these sort of issues had no place on the board and were better resolved privately. We have an awesome bunch of people here and rarely have such nonsense and I do apologize for it.

I had the chance to visit with the OCC guys and showed them my trike, and the solution I came up with. The chair lives on my fender and has enjoyed over 106,000 miles of great riding. When I gave thought to riding, I wanted to have the trike look as much as "normal" as I could. It has been a blast. If I can be of any help to any disabled riders out there, it would be my pleasure. This joy that is associated with riding should be experienced by everyone who wishes. There are many great sites out on the internet now.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png