Can't stand the thought of owning an "orphan"

I maybe wrong but it looks like they dropped the Dyna line. Some Softtails offer the 114 option. CVO has the 117. Everything else with a M8 is 107. New frame for the softtail.

Indian

Their Iron frame bikes were great, The problem was people walking into the showrooms couldn't get past the George Jetson looks of their big bikes The only reason i got past Those Jetsons bikes and seen and bought the Gunner is because my Harley dealer also sold Victory and Polaris ...And at some point Indian will run out of nostalgia buyers [Heavy Valance Fenders] And Polaris will pull the plug, Their money makers are in power sports....

I agree that Indian will run out of steam. I cannot imagine buying a full size Indian now that Harley has introduced the 2017/2018 Touring bikes with the M8 engine. The M8 is a technically superior engine to the 111 and it is at the beginning of its life. I had an Indian Scout ABS and it was an high quality, acceptable handling, and powerful bike. However, for this 5'10" person, it simply was too small. It remains, IMO, the most technically advanced Indian. Indian accessories, IMO, are more overpriced than Harley. With the introduction of the M8 engine equipped, ABS standard, mid range Harleys, Indian will have real trouble IMO and unless one loves the look of the Indians. My wife was with me one day at a bike show and I pointed out the Indian display. She thought that the fringed up Roadmaster was awful and wondered, somewhat loudly, where did the playing card and clothspin go?

On another note, one day, when I was off my meds:), I bought a Slingshot. It was the lowest quality POS that I have ever bought and I will spare you all the details. My point is that Polaris is capable of manufacturing real junk if they get the opportunity and I suspect if the market gets ugly that they will start cutting corners on the bikes.

The Dyna frame has been discontinued, and the Softail line has a new frame with a mono shock design rather than the old under frame mounted dual shock system. They are still making the Low Rider, the Street Bob and the Fat Bob, but they are now also Softails. They Wide Glide has been discontinued. And yes several of the Softail models have the 114 motor available as a factory option.

As far as I can see, there are no significant changes to the Touring bikes or the Trikes. Very minimal or no price increases on the Touring bikes. Except for the Street Glide Special and the Road Glide Special. They have had some upgrades which include a "blacked out" look and stretched bags same as on the recently released Road King Special.

So my big question to the MoCo would be: Why is the 114 motor available as an option to the much lighter Softails and not on the Touring bikes, and in particular the Tri-Glide????

I don't think so, The Spyder has a very large base of loyal owners...And with the auto trans there not as imitating to newbies as an Harley ....If anything Indian might go south.

I dunno, Polaris is betting the farm on this ICON

If the dealer networks get going stronger and they can keep the prices comperable we will have a stronger market and more advances in roll outs of new models and technologies

I think they will survive JMHO

Damn - wanted to see a CVO Trike!

I have a 2013 Tri and have been waiting and waiting and waiting for a CVO Trike :Trike1: - maybe next year? I think it's the 10th anniversary of the Tri-Glide. Wonder why they haven't done one yet - yeah it would be spendy but I bet it'd sell out in a heartbeat!! JMHO.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png