GL 1500 rear disc trike brakes

Oct 21, 2010
USA
Ok, ill try to describe it. I have triked my 94GL1500A the trike is custom built
94 mustang 7.5 273 gear non ABS disc brakes stock mustang.5 lug shortend axels and housing the brake calipers are at top new bearings and seals new pads and rotors new steel lines but useing stock rubber line at swingarm and calipers bleed brakes both with mightyvac and manual got good brake pedal and went for ride no rear brake brought bake to garage left pedal pumped and bungged overnite . even higher firm pedal.test rode same thing.no brake had to go way down then pump.next i rebleed same, delinked front left changed port on mastercylinder to side port as where front line was and plugged of rear port, "why" figured front port more pressure i sawit in a couple diffrent trike manuals .still no brakeI mean there is brake in shop when its pumped up you cat buge the bike at all but it wont stop the trike. ok so i tried the 2lb residul valve in rear line and yes arrow pointing to calipers. rebleed same thig can pump up to firm pedal and the valve is slowto let pressure off as shoul be but same thing no real rear brake on road. the only thing i have not tride is steel braided hose or shoul i just cut my losses and relink but still wont have pedal thats why i de linked and yes i bleed the plug at master cylinder help i need brakes any help will be appreciated these are multipal bleedings as well and the last i left pedal down and tied off 2 days still same if its rolling acrss shop it will stop.

With a bike that old your brake lines may be getting soft,the first thing I would do is replace All of the brake lines with braded steel lines.
I have heard of this problem with older bikes of all brands having this problem and when they went to the steel braded lines it cured the problem,also I would look in to rebuilding you master cyclenders while your at it.
:yes::yes::yes:

With a bike that old your brake lines may be getting soft,the first thing I would do is replace All of the brake lines with braded steel lines.
I have heard of this problem with older bikes of all brands having this problem and when they went to the steel braded lines it cured the problem,also I would look in to rebuilding you master cyclenders while your at it.
:yes::yes::yes:

Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated, this trike is my way of getting back in the wind cant ride 2 anymore, and having this issue is a real bummer.
I will have to save the money up for the lines and do you know where to get a good rebuild kit at a fixed income budget.

Ihave gone back and bleed mastercylinder and have great fim pedal I would guess 1 inch of travel .
will bungee of for tonight and see tomarrow if it keeps it

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png