Khrome Werks 2+2 Stretch handlebars are on!!! Photos added.

Looks like a good winter project for me. If I'm slow at it, it won't matter. I won't miss opportunities to ride.

I like that in the OP's pics his arms looks like he can still lock his elbows. I see riders on all kind of bikes with there elbows bent close to 90°. I really don't see how anybody could ride like that. I know they handle it but I had a bike that put my arms in that position and I dropped the bike a few times. I had to change the bars.

ETA: Oh, and thanks to the OP for the pics. They helped me a lot.

Mine worked. You should be good. But mine were 2x2 narrow.

I can't find a part number anywhere for the 1 1/4" 2+2 narrow.

ETA: I know why I couldn't find what I was looking for. For some dumb reason I thought I had 1 1/4" bars. :xzqxz:

My indy would only give a ballpark estimate because he said they are all different. He said barring something crazy it would be 2 or 3 hours. Don't know exactly what his rate is but I know it is less than the dealer.

With some common sense, and a six pac , you can change them on your own. Only problem I had was with the DBW conector pins :gah: However u-tube was my friend.:clapping:

With some common sense, and a six pac , you can change them on your own. Only problem I had was with the DBW conector pins :gah: However u-tube was my friend.:clapping:

I agree but I was thinking if I do my on 5000 mile service, I won't feel bad about paying for the bars. :Coffee:

Not That Difficult

Added LA Choppers 12" Twin Peaks, Namz extensions and Alloy Art Bushings for $302. total.

About 6 hours as I took my time and labeled connectors. On 2015 and older you need to remove the TBW connector to get it through the bars but it was only a matter of patience.

Be sure you have a torx 27 in your set.

I am trying to decide if I want the narrow or the wide. I would like to ask the OP and Fearless how tall they are. I think that might help me decide.

Thanks, Bob

ETA: Actually anybody that wants to say which set of bars they have and how tall they are would help..Thanks again. I am 6 ft.

I am trying to decide if I want the narrow or the wide. I would like to ask the OP and Fearless how tall they are.

I am 5' 10". I went with the wide or stretch bars because I have 2 discs fused in my neck. With the stock bars my arms were in a position that would cause my thumbs to go to sleep on longer rides. Also I was having to lean in to turns causing the area around my fusions to become aggravated. The stretch bars are 4" wider than the stock bars and with them being 2" closer and 2" higher my arms are in a much more comfortable position. My thumbs no longer fall asleep unless my neck has been aggravated by something other than riding. The best part of them being wider is it is considerably easier to turn, in an earlier post I compared it to having power steering and that is still true.

Ride Safe

Bob

I am 5' 10". I went with the wide or stretch bars because I have 2 discs fused in my neck. With the stock bars my arms were in a position that would cause my thumbs to go to sleep on longer rides. Also I was having to lean in to turns causing the area around my fusions to become aggravated. The stretch bars are 4" wider than the stock bars and with them being 2" closer and 2" higher my arms are in a much more comfortable position. My thumbs no longer fall asleep unless my neck has been aggravated by something other than riding. The best part of them being wider is it is considerably easier to turn, in an earlier post I compared it to having power steering and that is still true.

Ride Safe

Bob

Thanks, sounds like they would have worked for me. But before I read your response I called Khrome Werks and they recommended 300517. They are also a little wider. I went to Dennis Kirk and their site said they wouldn't fit my 2017 Tri. After looking all over the forums, it looked like they should work. The tech at Dennis Kirk looked at everything and said that it looked like they should work. I ordered them. Fingers crossed that they will work.

Thanks again,

Bob

Thanks, sounds like they would have worked for me. But before I read your response I called Khrome Werks and they recommended 300517. They are also a little wider. I went to Dennis Kirk and their site said they wouldn't fit my 2017 Tri. After looking all over the forums, it looked like they should work. The tech at Dennis Kirk looked at everything and said that it looked like they should work. I ordered them. Fingers crossed that they will work.

Thanks again,

Bob
The 2+2 WIDESWEEPERS ARE 11.21 INCHES HIGH SEARCH KHROME WERKS SITE FOR SWEEPERS. Remember the wide ones have a different grip angle than the Narrow ones sorry I have been busy had I seen the post I would have responded sooner. either way these bars will work on your ride. Fred

The 2+2 WIDESWEEPERS ARE 11.21 INCHES HIGH SEARCH KHROME WERKS SITE FOR SWEEPERS. Remember the wide ones have a different grip angle than the Narrow ones sorry I have been busy had I seen the post I would have responded sooner. either way these bars will work on your ride. Fred

Thanks, I saw the grip angle in your pics and looked like it would be right for me. Were your bars pn. 300517?

In any case that is what I ordered.

Thanks again, Bob

ETA: Never mind, I found on an old thread in another forum where you said you used 300517A

Thanks, I saw the grip angle in your pics and looked like it would be right for me. Were your bars pn. 300517?

In any case that is what I ordered.

Thanks again, Bob

ETA: Never mind, I found on an old thread in another forum where you said you used 300517A

I feel sure you will love what they do for your grip, back and shoulders, One of the best changes I have made for the comfort of our "Tri glide" :good:Ride safe Fred

I have been considering pull back bars for some time, but as soon as I get the cost ($1250+), I back off. Now I'm REALLY considering a set again. :)

There's no way I'll attempt to do the install myself.

My question, what's the difference between these 2x2 bars and HD 2x2 bars?? And why are HD bars so bad?

The one thing I have against installing new bars is what if I don't like the set up and would like to try another configuration. It's not like they have mock ups of all different configurations that you can try. I don't know anyone who has non OEM bars.

I have a 2014 TG w/CB

I have been considering pull back bars for some time, but as soon as I get the cost ($1250+), I back off. Now I'm REALLY considering a set again. :)

There's no way I'll attempt to do the install myself.

My question, what's the difference between these 2x2 bars and HD 2x2 bars?? And why are HD bars so bad?

The one thing I have against installing new bars is what if I don't like the set up and would like to try another configuration. It's not like they have mock ups of all different configurations that you can try. I don't know anyone who has non OEM bars.

I have a 2014 TG w/CB
I really don't think HD bars are bad it is what they want to charge for them. I don't think they are worth that much for basically the same quality. Khrome Werks can be had for less than $100.00 with excellent quality Chrome or black powder coat. It boils down to what you are willing to do. Before I changed bars my neck and shoulder ached after 50 miles, my wrists which are my fault from a crash in 74' hands went numb. My right wrist does not really rotate much so I change grip in the throttle constantly. 2+2 wide sweepers worked for me, as I have always said handlebars are a very personal thing what works for one may not work for another good luck on whatever you choose to do. Fred

It would be great if there was some way to test many different configerations. What if you buy item A and the angle of the grips are bad, then buy another one and the spread or reach turns out to be bad etc etc. Might cost a small fortune just to find out nothing works - that's my real concern. Too bad HD didn't have an adjustable seat/bar template that you could test different bars and seats. I think that would help a lot to sell those items. I know it would help push me into buying something.

Gary, I couldn't answer your questions but you are right. It would be great if they had mock ups we could try.

It would be great if there was some way to test many different configerations. What if you buy item A and the angle of the grips are bad, then buy another one and the spread or reach turns out to be bad etc etc. Might cost a small fortune just to find out nothing works - that's my real concern. Too bad HD didn't have an adjustable seat/bar template that you could test different bars and seats. I think that would help a lot to sell those items. I know it would help push me into buying something.

I completely understand and agree with you, from where I was with the OEM bars it was switch them out or sell the trike. It was miserable to ride the way it was. 2" up and 2" Back worked great for me it straighten up my back not leaning forward the straighter grip angle worked for my stiff wrist and the added width close to 4" gave me more leverage for turning I love the change there are most likely several other sets of handlebars that will do the same, but I have what I have and I'm happy! good luck on your choice. Ride safe Fred

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png